Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bannings related question

Options
  • 19-01-2007 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

It occurred to me today in work with all the recent topics on banning and banning procedure threads, i was wondering there is obsivally a list on the servers somewhere a massive list of all the banned IP's and user accounts because you cant delete them after a certain amount of time because banned people will come back just to wreck your heads.

So does anyone know what the total amount of banned users since boards started?
    Regi, DeV, Cloud ?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

You could add up all the numbers here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/banlist.php

Although I think it still falls short of the actual number for some technical reason or other.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Na monkey I look at that all the time it can be very funny but no those numbers are not right.
    Theres far to few

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

A check on the big list here shows a current 2,626* banned users, not including the temp-bans. There are more than this however, as (afair) bans before VBulletin (or a certain version of VB) won't be recorded on the main list. DeV, for example, has obviously banned a crapload more than the banlist says.

And also, the fact that the LOB shows 3,637 banned users in total means that this list is wrong.

*I think that the Banned users list on the Modcp doesn't show all of the banned users anymore as I recall there being a lot more bans from an unregistered Mod. It has probably reached its limit now and is being overwritten or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Score.

* Goes off to get old banned account. *

Advertisement