Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to set per network ip settings

Options
  • 19-01-2007 2:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭

Just wondering, is it possible to set ip settings on a per network basis?

e.g. can i set up my laptop to use DHCP on a particular public wireless network but use a pre-assigned ip address on my own network.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Control Panel > Network Connections > Local Area Connection > Properties > Internet Protocol (TCP\IP) > Properties > Alternate Configuration

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

cheers for that, but I was wondering if its possible to have different settings for different wireless networks, as opposed to one set for wireless and one for wired.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

On some routers you can get DHCP always to give the same IP address to a piece of connected equipment.

You can list the MAC addresses that are allowed to connect, to protect your access point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

dingding wrote:
    On some routers you can get DHCP always to give the same IP address to a piece of connected equipment.

Ah never thought of that, Static DHCP, set it up and is working great! Thanks!

Advertisement