Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ever fancy a new life?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

thats brilliant i read it all i notice no house tho
    but he selling it for 8 million? nice

Please note winning bidder does not receive ownership of the following:

- Degrees/qualifications

- Drivers License

- Passport

- Future Inheritance

- Formal/Legal Identity

(This is more of a social life and mentality as opposed to a new legal identity)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭Dutchology

- There is some tension with a former ex from a painful breakup which must be inherited.

:eek:

... Is this the real reason he's selling his life I wonder...? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,801 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Latest "serious" bid of A$40,100. Not bad.
    The bidder must have a very sad social life & more cash than sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I can see people doing it for the appearance in the documentary tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Sleepy wrote:
    I can see people doing it for the appearance in the documentary tbh.

Exactly. Coastal town in the sun, surfing and a chance to get on tv.

I like this question to the seller
    Hi, someone who has gutts. this is sounding to good are there any but's or cons etc. Also I'm a girl so can I date your male mates? Thanks Hans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

-A friend owes me $20. Another friend owes me a six-pack of beer which you can redeem upon winning the bid.

- The winning applicant should probably shout the next $20 worth of weed.

Interesting eBay auction. Some people will bid on anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

NB: After the 4 week training winning bidder will also receive 2 months of on-call support.

ROFL

The Q&A at the end are class too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Bloody oath reckon that bitzer is a bludger. So he is cooee to Sydney but still not sure if he is deadset fair dinkum or just an ocker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Beelzebub

Has 2 nemeses.
    One probably wants to kill him and the other one probably wants him dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Do ya reckon? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Ardent

Love this question at the end:
    Does this life come with any health issues? The previous 3 identities that I have taken on have not gone to well, as there have been varying degrees of health issues. This was mainly with a 65 year old grandmother’s identity which I had to switch from after 3 months. I need to check these things if this is going to possibly work.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Sounds like a cushy little life hes selling.

As for whether I'd take a new life given the chance, definately not, I have the cushiest of lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Who from boards bid on it then? Come on, own up now. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Was thinking about bidding what was left on my subscription to Vanity Fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭sambora

Thats probably one of the funniest things Ive ever seen on eBay......Pointless, but funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

sambora wrote:
    Thats probably one of the funniest things Ive ever seen on eBay......Pointless, but funny
    Pointless?Hardly. It gives the guy whos selling it a load of cash to go off and start a new life for himself (which hes obviously interested in doing) and gives the winning bidder the chance of a new, and quite attractive, life that they obviously want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

At the moment a new life would be welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

But wouldn't you just be living someone else's life and not actually starting a new one of your own ? Whats the point in that ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

From the way it's written I'd say the bed, clothes cds etc are all at home in his parents house where you'd be living seeing as how they're included in the deal :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Em surely its a scam......

Check the bid history the usernames are ranging from bidder 1, bidder2.... to bidder 63 etc.

Its an old trick people put up an item with an elaborate description making out that its worth alot then with a couple of other accounts they start bidding on it so someone comes across it is impressed by the description then sees other people have bid on it so it has to be real.

As far as i can tell noone has acutally bidded on this unless i read the whole thing wrong and ebay doesnt use their names in the history to protect their identiy but the other is an old trick lots of people have done it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Does it come with or without a beerbelly?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Em surely its a scam......

Check the bid history the usernames are ranging from bidder 1, bidder2.... to bidder 63 etc.

Its an old trick people put up an item with an elaborate description making out that its worth alot then with a couple of other accounts they start bidding on it so someone comes across it is impressed by the description then sees other people have bid on it so it has to be real.

As far as i can tell noone has acutally bidded on this unless i read the whole thing wrong and ebay doesnt use their names in the history to protect their identiy but the other is an old trick lots of people have done it.
    In all honesty, who the **** would bid on it

/hides

Advertisement