Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Afghanistan Conspiracy?

Options
  • 19-01-2007 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

I always believe that there is an alterer motive for things

I think that there is "something" in Afghanistan. I know that sounds weird but i mean every single major power has been in there at different times and when the Germans where there they dug - allot. The Russians did a fair bit of digging two.
    I would not be suprised if AmeriCanAs where digging as well.
    If found out they would just say they where looking for arms cashes. Ye i know im crazy but if the powers did know of something even something unlikely like a crashed UFO or something maybe people believe the holy grail is somewhere there whatever, i know the Germans did some searching for the grail did they not?

Did the english dig when they where there? i don't know if they did or not?

EDIT: http://stonebooks.com/history/afghanistan.shtml
    I just found that and ill have a read of it when i get home from work seems interesting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

User45701 wrote:
    when the Germans where there they dug - allot.
    Did they? If so, whereabouts?
    The Russians did a fair bit of digging two.
    Again...did they, and if so where?
    i know the Germans did some searching for the grail did they not?
    Yes they did. Do you think this is somehow evidence that the Grail exists?

Incidentally, they also searched for The Spear of Destiny, Atlantis, the origins of the Aryan race (in the Himalaya's, if memory serves), and numerous other things.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

the did search for allot of things but i do not belive in the existence of the grail so im just saying they did do some digging i cant remember where i read it i was kinda hoping by posting it someone else would remember because i have had that idea since before 9/11. i think maybe someone else mentioned Germans digging in afganastan to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

1. How did the Nazi's dig there? They never made it that far east during world war 2

2. Why if the Russians and Americans were so keen to dig up Afghanistan, why did they shove so many mines in Afghanistan? According to the UN mine action program unexploded ordinance covers over 720million square miles of afghanistan. If you're going to start digging up a country would you really strew said country's ground with millions of things that go boom, before you start?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 cockmynut

There are three main reasons why so many people have wanted to control Afghanistan, and why it is instrumental to US imperialism today:

1: Vast oil reserves.
    2: Vast opium fields with an extremely willing farmer population.
    3: Strategic importance. For the US, it is near both Russia and China.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

cockmynut wrote:
    You mean gas, right? Afghanistan doesn't have any known oil reserves, unless I'm very much mistaken.
    I'd agree with the third without question, and would accept that there is an argument to be made in favour of the second.

• Advertisement

cockmynut wrote:

What bonkey said.

Well yes and no, Opium production shifted away from Afghanistan when the taliban banned it, and it moved back to the golden triangle, and more traditional countries and areas. The Taliban are now growing the opium to fund their war.

This isn't the 19th century the British and American governments could not get away with even turning a blind eye to opium production.

Your point doesn't make any sense. The vast opium fields don't benefit the invaders they hinder them, and it's in the interest of NATO troops to stop production.

True but the US has bases in Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan. Furthermore, the US is having the trouble holding even the cities in Afghanistan, I would suggest that even in the medium term, the US could not use it as a staging post for an a significant military outpost, they'd be too busy defending it from internal attacks

bonkey wrote:
    You mean gas, right? Afghanistan doesn't have any known oil reserves, unless I'm very much mistaken.

Oops..... yeah, sorry about that. :o

Diogenes wrote:
    What bonkey said.

Yeah, I was wrong in my haste, simple mistake though.
    Well yes and no, Opium production shifted away from Afghanistan when the taliban banned it, and it moved back to the golden triangle, and more traditional countries and areas. The Taliban are now growing the opium to fund their war.

I was under the impression that the warlords and drug traffickers that make up the Northern Alliance, which the US and British wholeheartedly support(/ed), were the ones who thrived from opium production. As soon as the Taliban were overthrown, poppy cultivation skyrocketed, which obviously led to a subsequent spike (or mountain, rather) in heroin production.
    This isn't the 19th century the British and American governments could not get away with even turning a blind eye to opium production.

Your point doesn't make any sense. The vast opium fields don't benefit the invaders they hinder them, and it's in the interest of NATO troops to stop production.

Looks like it might be in their best interest. Opium production benefits the warlords who are enemies of the Taliban. NATO is fighting the Taliban and they are using the silly "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" philosophy.

Also, one could point to the river of allegations that organisations such as the American Central Intelligence Agency are involved in the opium trade.
    True but the US has bases in Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan. Furthermore, the US is having the trouble holding even the cities in Afghanistan, I would suggest that even in the medium term, the US could not use it as a staging post for an a significant military outpost, they'd be too busy defending it from internal attacks

Indeed, but such problems haven't really stopped the neo-con cabal running the White House or their plans before. I do not believe the US will ever pull out - the Afghan government is an ally of the United States and the bases they have constructed are permanent in nature, the same with Iraq. Keep on the look out for conscription in America to supplement their wafer-thin military.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

User45701 wrote:
    the Germans where there they dug - allot.
    The nazis done some digging around tibet in search of remnants of the aryan race before world war 2 but i dont think they went to afghanistan

cockmynut wrote:
    I was under the impression that the warlords and drug traffickers that make up the Northern Alliance, which the US and British wholeheartedly support(/ed), were the ones who thrived from opium production. As soon as the Taliban were overthrown, poppy cultivation skyrocketed, which obviously led to a subsequent spike (or mountain, rather) in heroin production.

As I understand it, the taliban have now resinded the ban, and tax opium production as form of fundraising
    The Taliban regime largely confined itself to taking a ten to twenty percent levy on opium harvests, heroin production, and drug shipments, earning it a minimum of $40-45 million annually

Looks like it might be in their best interest. Opium production benefits the warlords who are enemies of the Taliban. NATO is fighting the Taliban and they are using the silly "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" philosophy.

I completely occur, the Taliban were the driving force in keeping the opium production down, and the Northern Alliance warlords contain men who define unsavoury
    Also, one could point to the river of allegations that organisations such as the American Central Intelligence Agency are involved in the opium trade.

At one point or another you have a case there. Usually involving dirty wars in central and south america.

But again it's a tenuios link, I'll ask the question again, what benefit do the opium fields in Afghanistan, offer the CIA and US government in general?
    Indeed, but such problems haven't really stopped the neo-con cabal running the White House or their plans before.

So this would be the same neo con cabal that managed to pull of the most audacious conspiracy of all time? How does this work? they near flawlessly bring down the twin towers, but cannot percieve the disaster that is Afghanistan?
    I do not believe the US will ever pull out - the Afghan government is an ally of the United States and the bases they have constructed are permanent in nature, the same with Iraq. Keep on the look out for conscription in America to supplement their wafer-thin military.

That conscript Conspiracy Theory has been floating around for two years now, still hasn't happened. I don't think the american people would stand for it.

• Advertisement

Diogenes wrote:
    As I understand it, the taliban have now resinded the ban, and tax opium production as form of fundraising

The Taliban didn't rescind the ban, the Anglo-American invasion did by toppling the Taliban and nullifying their authority. The Taliban's claim that the ban would be lifted following any attack on Afghanistan was pointless because they wouldn't be able to enforce the ban any longer anyway.

I haven't seen anything to do with the Taliban using poppy profits to fund their resistance, however if you can provide a source I'd gladly take a look.
    But again it's a tenuios link, I'll ask the question again, what benefit do the opium fields in Afghanistan, offer the CIA and US government in general?

Opium > morphine > heroin is worth a lot of money when sold on the street. Michael Ruppert puts forward the hypothesis that the CIA deals drugs in liaison with organised crime in order to support the US economy. Whether or not this is a plausible reason or not doesn't matter; heroin sales = $$$ + control.
    So this would be the same neo con cabal that managed to pull of the most audacious conspiracy of all time? How does this work? they near flawlessly bring down the twin towers, but cannot percieve the disaster that is Afghanistan?

Is it really a disaster for them? They're not the ones who are dying and their connected energy and arms corporations are reaping in enormous profits. Meanwhile, the American empire is ever-expanding, a goal which has been repeatedly asserted by the neo-cons including Jeb Bush, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Cheney et al. Next stop: American domination of space. Fun.
    That conscript Conspiracy Theory has been floating around for two years now, still hasn't happened. I don't think the american people would stand for it.

Indeed, once there's another convenient "attack" on the United States, the masses will lose all capability of rational thought and flock to volunteer their lives to a plan for global domination (MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!!!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 UnHolyMoe

I do not believe the US will ever pull out - the Afghan government is an ally of the United States and the bases they have constructed are permanent in nature, the same with Iraq. Keep on the look out for conscription in America to supplement their wafer-thin military.
    Diogenes wrote:

Better still get foreigners to do for citzenship.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2006/12/26/military_considers_recruiting_foreigners/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Diogenes wrote:
    According to the UN mine action program unexploded ordinance covers over 720million square miles of afghanistan.

Thats a hell of a lot of miles ! 3 times more than the surface of the earth...... i think the germans were on to something ! :D

oleras wrote:
    Thats a hell of a lot of miles ! 3 times more than the surface of the earth...... i think the germans were on to something ! :D

My bad I meant to say 10 million mines over 75,000 square kilometers, I mixed up my statistics.

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140673601066272/abstract

Article is here, requires registration and is a pdf, so didn't want to hassle people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

the germans actually searched for the grail
    just thought it was only in indiana jones

cockmynut wrote:
    The Taliban didn't rescind the ban, the Anglo-American invasion did by toppling the Taliban and nullifying their authority. The Taliban's claim that the ban would be lifted following any attack on Afghanistan was pointless because they wouldn't be able to enforce the ban any longer anyway.

I haven't seen anything to do with the Taliban using poppy profits to fund their resistance, however if you can provide a source I'd gladly take a look.

Reuteurs
    Opium production soared to a record last year, five years after U.S.-led forces ousted the Taliban's strict Islamist government. The Taliban stamped out poppy cultivation during the last year of their rule, but now share drug profits.

"After the record opium harvest, which reached 200,000 tonnes last year, we are expecting an increase in narcotics flows from Afghanistan," Rustam Nasarov, the head of Tajikistan's agency for narcotics control, told reporters.

The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime in Tajikistan, which borders Afghanistan, said underground heroin factories could produce 800 tonnes of the drug in 2007, increasing the flow of illegal drugs.

The drugs are spirited across the Tajik-Afghan border, often by poorly paid couriers, and then taken across the former silk routes of Central Asia to Russia, Turkey and the West.

The Tajik narcotics control agency says a kilogram of heroin sells for about $800 on the black market in Afghanistan while the price is $50,000 in Russia and as much as $300,000 in western Europe.

The narcotics trade, which accounts for about a third of Afghanistan's economy, is funding increasingly powerful drug lords and a resurgent Taliban militia.

"Underground laboratories for heroin manufacture will be able to produce no less than 800 tonnes of heroin in 2007," said Christer Brannerud, project coordinator the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime in Tajikistan.

"That is 30 percent more than the needs of the European market," he said. "It will lead to an increase in the drug-traffic from Afghanistan through northern and eastern routes."

Russian anti-drugs officials say heroin flows have increased since Russian troops in 2005 stopped patrolling the 1,340 km (835 mile) border between Afghanistan and Tajikistan. The Tajik government asked Russia in 2004 to pull out its troops. (Writing by Guy Faulconbridge, editing by Philippa Fletcher, telephone: +7 495 775 12 42, e-mail: guy.faulconbridge@reuters.com)

http://today.reuters.com/News/CrisesArticle.aspx?storyId=L12824970

Opium > morphine > heroin is worth a lot of money when sold on the street. Michael Ruppert puts forward the hypothesis that the CIA deals drugs in liaison with organised crime in order to support the US economy. Whether or not this is a plausible reason or not doesn't matter; heroin sales = $$$ + control.

Um what? If the US govt regulated the drugs market, they could tax it, and then not be relied upon wasting tens of millions of dollars fighting a war, you claim then don't want them win.
    Is it really a disaster for them? They're not the ones who are dying and their connected energy and arms corporations are reaping in enormous profits.

You do know Iraq is going down the tubes... Right?

Meanwhile, the American empire is ever-expanding, a goal which has been repeatedly asserted by the neo-cons including Jeb Bush, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Cheney et al. Next stop: American domination of space. Fun.

Where has it exapnded since. And I dont; need to see your closest, again, Ithank you.

[qquote]
    Indeed, once there's another convenient "attack" on the United States, the masses will lose all capability of rational thought and flock to volunteer their lives to a plan for global domination (MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!!!).[/QUOTE]

yeah er thats not happened yet, and the US public is getting fed up entertaining CTers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

User45701 wrote:
    I think that there is "something" in Afghanistan. I know that sounds weird but i mean every single major power has been in there at different times and when the Germans where there they dug - allot. The Russians did a fair bit of digging two.
    I would not be suprised if AmeriCanAs where digging as well.

I thought it was as obvious as the nose on your face. They're looking for the Stargate. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Don't be so stupid. Everyone knows that was in Eygypt!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

And one in the Antarctic. Due to a power spike Myguyver and general Carter were sent there! Mcguyvers willie kept them warm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement