Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Channel 4 Helping Jade

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭nicelives

Chinafoot wrote:
    Just watching it now and saw Shilpa's statement in the diary room about how she "stands corrected" re: the racist claims.

It was quite possibly the most insincere thing ever. The girl has obviously been spoken to by producers and been informed of the international outrage over it. More than likely been told to play everything down.

No doubt Davina's interview will be a total whitewash. :rolleyes:

I know, it had to be officially pointed out to her twice over 24 hours before she copped that there might be a problem with her 'popadom' jibe. She apologised for exactly what BB told her to rather that the consistent bullying over the last couple of days, kind of depressing, but if it made Shilpa more relaxed over the last couple of days then maybe.

Actually it's also quite depressing that it was only after Carphone Warehouse pulled their money that BB started asking the b***hes what they meant by their actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

the whole show tonight appears to be damage limitation on jades behalf.. its either jade apologising, jade crying, jade saying she expects to be booed (looking for sympathy), and now danielle apologising on jades behalf.

and IMO shes definately been told of the ramifications of her actions...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Villaricos

hmm... it appears we wont even get to see Jade leave, at least not live anyway, maybe a nice edited version in an hour before a nice scripted interview between Davina and Jade - talk about damage control!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

tubes wrote:
    Regarding the delayed stream on E4. There has been a noticeable increase in the amount of editing in the last few days, i.e many of the conversations are being edited, that is, they cut the sound and replace it with backgound noise. They have total control over the content they want to the viewers to see/hear and have been using this control as best they can in the last few days....
    Beginning to see why it was called Big Brother. :rolleyes:

Looks like they have their work cut out in the Ministry of Truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

most people don't seem to understand that and would be baffled if you asked them who orsen wells was.

yeah, i know it's george orwell. i just couldn't resist that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

I am just watching the eviction interview and it is blatant that Jade has been briefed about what to expect in the interview. She had answers for ever single question. It even seemed to me that Jade was preempting questions from Davina.

She is far too composed for someone who was confronted about her bullying and raciest behavior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Villaricos

of course she was briefed! sure she didnt even react to the fact that there was no crowd there!
    anyone notice Davinas slip up when Jade said about apologising to Shilpa? Davina says "when Big Brother told you too" Jade was quick to talk over it! sure everyone knows that Jade isnt quick and couldnt have come up with those answers by herself on the spot! total farce the whole thing, damage control, thats all tonight was.

It was revealed in the news that she was going to be briefed about the whole racism row as soon as she left the house. this is no surprise.

i'll say again, davina asks the questions she is told to ask.

have any of you ever even read the book?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Sure they all read Orwell in snatches on their fag break in the factory and during the commercials during Coronation Street.

who are "they" and what exactly is your problem with factory work?

beneath you, is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Slimjim

Moderator, you can't be hatin'!

IT'S LIKE CELEBRITY BIG BROTHER IS HAPPENING RIGHT HERE!!!!!!!!!

I'm not a moderator on this forum and am subject to the same rules as every other user here.

I found the comments made by CiaranC to be very condescending and would love to see him explain his comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭pokerwidow

julep wrote:
    I'm not a moderator on this forum and am subject to the same rules as every other user here.

I found the comments made by CiaranC to be very condescending and would love to see him explain his comments.

Well said :)

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

BaZmO* wrote:
    Oh the irony! People complaining that a show called "Big Brother" is too controlling. Has nobody read 1984?

What next? People complaining that the 6 o'clock news is on at 6 and contains too much news?
    The point with Big Brother is that it should control what is going on in the house. The concept is that we watch people's reactions at the hand of BB. However, the remit or intention was never supposed to be to influence the public's thoughts.

What BB has done the past 2 days is totally out of order. They have obviously informed Jade and tried to alter the nature of the story following the reaction. This was never the remit of the show.
    Her interview did nothing but prove she had been coached and prepared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

kittex wrote:
    Her interview did nothing but prove she had been coached and prepared.

Totally agree - I am not surprised that it happened though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

I watched the "interview" last night, the first of this big brother i'd seen, and i had been told about and heard some of Jade's completely ridiculous statements but i heard something truely unbelievable last night.

Jade: "If I was a racist I would not have eaten anything like the curry."

Surely someone with that level of stupidity and ignorance to everything except herself and her "perafumes", as she calls them, should not be classed as a celebrity and should be shunned by the public.

All in all it was a terrible interview, Jade was clearly coached and prepared for.

P.S.
    I remember some complaints being made about big brother before about sending already evicted housemates being sent back in. Complaints centered around c4 defrauding people who had paid to get someone evicted. Would it be possible that the communication between Jade and channel4 could be construde as fraud aswell as the whole concept of the show is that they have no communication with or knowledge of outside world :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭nicelives

Seems to be the case alright that she was coached and managed by the BB story writers

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=522506

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

CiaranC wrote:
    Sure they all read Orwell in snatches on their fag break in the factory and during the commercials during Coronation Street.
    ooooh. beeatch.

Television always puts some sort of slant or bias on whatever it is showing. Thats inevitable. All this whole sorry mess does is show the viewers quite how blatant that bias can be.

Of course they're helping Jade. They may be rubbing their hands in glee at the amount of publicity, but at the same time they have to end the whole argument now, because if they dont it may call into question the acceptability of the whole BB circus. And that means briefing Jade et al, and putting the best possible slant on the row.

Advertisement