Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet-Bliss.com/Pet-Bliss.ie?

Options
  • 19-01-2007 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Tried to buy a few things off this site last night, they say they accept Laser so used my Laser card. This morning they emailed me:

"unfortunately the payment was not received.
    You can phone in your card details to the office on 0035312810064 or 00353872714972 where we can process lazar visa and mastercard*
    or you can Attach your order & your payment details to a file & attach the file to an E.mail and send to mqueries@pet-bliss.com "

has this happened anyone else? not mad about the idea of giving my card details to a person, the method i used was meant to be 100% secure.
    Dunno if it makes any difference but this Laser card has not been used before.
    Thanks, Nala

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Call your bank first and ask them. I wouldn't under any circumstances send my details to any company.
    Thinking of getting a Lazer card myself heh. Was there much song and dance signing up for one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Texas

I had two bad experiences with Pet Bliss.... I'd recommend you buy elsewhere!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Texas wrote:
    I had two bad experiences with Pet Bliss.... I'd recommend you buy elsewhere!!

what happened?

PS Getting a laser card is easy (well im with AIB). Just go in and ask and they'll fill out the form for you, a week or so later you get your PIN and then your card. I've heard bank of ireland ask questions tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Nala wrote:
    what happened?

PS Getting a laser card is easy (well im with AIB). Just go in and ask and they'll fill out the form for you, a week or so later you get your PIN and then your card. I've heard bank of ireland ask questions tho.
    oK cheers Nala ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Texas

Nala wrote:
    what happened?

1st time... delivery very slow (possibly not their fault)

2nd time.... 2 items missing from delivery, but charged on my card. Took 2 months to get money back. No order confirmation emails and rubblish customer service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Funny, I find them fantastic. Never any problems at all & delivery is always within a few days. I always use laser & would recommend them to anyone.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

never had a problem with petbliss to be honest.....what happened you happened me once and I just rang the office and gave my details there wasn't a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

tallus wrote:
    Thinking of getting a Lazer card myself heh. Was there much song and dance signing up for one ?

Laser cards are extremely handy! There are very few places that don't accept laser these days! I would say the day will come where you'll have places that don't accept anything but plastic!

Sorry for going off topic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 therocks

Have to say that I've had a few places online with very bad customer service , one of which was Pet-Bliss.

Ordered - said in stock - email back later saying out of stock and they'd be in contact - I had to chase after 2 weeks and in the meantime the money was taken from my laser account!!!!
    Like story as Texas - after MUCH HASSLE finally got my money back but was sooo not worth it....

Since then I've gone to Petshoponline and they delivered the items on time and no hassle --- ordered a few things from Christmas from there and was very happy....

One bad experience can make you much more wary and unfortunately from my experience I would have to recommend to avoid Pet Bliss. They appear to have great choice but when you actually order - it's a nightmare of out of stock, long delays / very bad customer service...... They really need to employ proper sales people to keep any type of return business ....

Hope others have better experiences !!

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

Wish I'd seen this thread before I ordered from them. Got my delivery about 4 things out of 12 were wrong. They just threw anything in the box that sounded like the right thing for example I ordered Gerbil Honey Drops got Gerbil nutty treat. Ordered bird millet holder with bells got bird millet instead. Shall be sending them an email tomorrow will not be using them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Shewhomustbe...

I would have to agree with those saying to avoid.
    I placed an order with them (pre Christmas 2005) for a large cat scratcher and carrier, plus other bits and pieces.
    First problem was with the shipping for the scratcher, ended up it was cheaper for me to go and collect it.
    Secondly I did not get the carrier I ordered, luckily I was going to collect the scratcher or I'd have to pay postage to get it changed.
    Unless they've moved their base of operation it is located in a residential house in Wicklow.
    When there it took ages before they found the carrier I had ordered and the scratcher ended up being the wrong colour (took it anyway)
    Since then I've used petshoponline.ie and never had any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

I've never ordered from Pet Bliss - I find their prices very high - I use petshoponline & zooplus & find both of them great - had one instence with petshoponline where the wrong product was delivered - when I got in touch they sent the correct product out very quickly & told me to keep the wrong one that had been sent - very efficient & extremely good customer service :)
    I find the range on zooplus pretty good - have a very fussy eater here (16 year old cat) and have managed to find food there that isn't readily availble in my local pet shop which she loves

Have read too many bad reports of petbliss to ever contemplate ordering off them :confused:

Same base location unfortunately - ie residential home in Wicklow - that town place with the really long name, drawing a blank on it at the moment...well at least it was in Dec 06!

When I told a friend of my experience before XMas ('06) when it came up about internet shopping in an article in Irish Times, as these things do during nights out pre-XMAS!! he had actually ordered an aquarium from them and picked it up and it was just a regular house, which surprised him and he didn't get "the extra free stuff" as it was still "in transit".......yeahhh right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Nala, would have to argee with the bad press bill is getting. Cancel the order and try petshoponline... much better i find. Hopefully you woun't have too much hassle cancelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭wasted_winter

Same base location unfortunately - ie residential home in Wicklow - that town place with the really long name, drawing a blank on it at the moment...well at least it was in Dec 06!

Yeah, newtownmountkennedy. Just a house in an estate and a bloke running it. Good selection of stuff, but pricey - and bad customer service (I'm not even talking about 5 star service - just the basics, getting what you ordered within a reasonable time frame!) :(

Wow - I came across this other posting on on cavaliertalk.com on Pet-bliss, looks as if they are getting their fair share of chat!!! and because the owner is on this other forum, just like any of us on here, the potential customers/ log-ons, think this is an endorsement of the "good service" .... just goes to show that no matter how bad you may be, you'll always get someone to buy your stuff :eek: :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Hi
    Just to say have been using petshoponline for ages and have never had any problems with them. Find them much cheaper than local petshop and they even discount your total order and p&P is for next to nothing. They even sent me a free gift with an order last time. Love them and highly recommend to all pet owners.

Hi Lubie76 ... have to agree with you there ..... I also got a lovely Xmas card from them this year as I ordered a few things for pressies etc....
    I also like some American stores .... with the exchange rates for the past while it's great .... soooo much cheaper than most irish stores even those offering discounts!!! Really pays to look around ... some of my pet favourites include bowsawowsa.com and tiabelles.com but of course, there's a alot of good ones to chose from .....
    Nowadays with the good competition out there - a flashy site doesn't cut it anymore ..... service all the way ;););)

Advertisement