Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Claims Court - any experience of it?

Options
  • 19-01-2007 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

Has anyone had the misfortune to have to use this service? My experience has been horrendous: incompetence, slovenliness, disinterest, half-heartedness ,misleading, nonchalance are all terms that spring to mind. The rules laid out here http://www.citizensinformation.ie/ca...claims%20court most certainly do not apply and no apology is made for it. It took three months to get a signed afadavit and then onto the Sheriffs Office which has been basically the same experience.

Is there any point complaining about this service? Would it be the Government Ombudsman who is responsible for this court?

I will need to make a further claim in the near future and am fearful to have to go through the same tortuous process again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I used the small claims court 2 years ago. While it was slow (all court systems are), it worked for me. I won my case with ease - or rather the judge "advised" the others to settle with me and not to waste the court's time.

I found it very good. Simple to follow, no messing, and it was done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

have used it before and found it fine , though sometimes the wheels of "justice" dont move fast enough for some peoples liking :)

Advertisement