Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can a cat get 'laryngitis'?

Options
  • 19-01-2007 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

I know, it sounds strange. Beenz seems fine otherwise, but it is like he has lost his voice (not completely). He tries to 'talk' now and again, but not as much as before. I would think this indicates a sore throat. But he is still eating as normal, even the rough foods.

Seanie.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Bring him to your Vet.

Losing their "voice" can be very distressing for an animal, verbal communication is very important to them if they are normally vocal.

Could be anything, no way of knowing till a vet sees him, could be a sore throat, could be lumps on the vocal cords, who knows.

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

They can get different sorts of things similar or related to laryngitis alright. Make an appointment like FranknFurter mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

This happened to one of my dogs a while back. It was a nasty throat infection and was very distressing for the poor wee thing.

As above; trip to the vets.

Good luck to the moggy.

Advertisement