Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prem fixtures this weekend

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Shocking game though. Boro 4-1 up on Bolton which is pretty much the opposite of what one might expect.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

First time ever cheering on Pool, get in you scouse beauties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

chelsea look a very average team at the moment. the likes of gerimi, mikel, kalou, wright phillips are not premiership winning qulaity plus 2/3 more players like ferreira/essien/ballack playing out of position. if i was a liverpool fan, id have my sights set on finishing above them now at this stage. surely terry can not be that good that they have fallen apart so much lately. has to be other factors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

helguson off for second bookable at fulham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

gilliespe the clown gets sent of within a minute of comming on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Fun and games at Reading. Hilarious stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

yeh,its all kicking off according to sky sports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Gillespie hits Hunt, Warnock jeers Hunt for going down, Reading coach Downes pushes Warnock. Warnock and Downes sent packing with Gillespie. Brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea
    Kuyt 4
    Pennant 18

A solid win for Liverpool. Chelsea, the club which many thought had a limitless pool of players for every position, have had the '3 buses in a row' problem and badly missed their Centre Backs. Some of that was due to unfortunate injury, Terry, Carvalho and Bhoularouz, although the falling out with Gallas and his sale to Arsenal is biting back at Mourinho. (I suspect Borinho was the main reason for his sale and not Abramo-bitch).

Rafa, is listening, I am sure he reads these threads (!) ;-) as he went back to the tried and tested 4-4-2 and played players in their correct positions. The formation was:

# 25 Reina

# 03 Finnan
    # 23 Carragher
    # 05 Agger
    # 12 Aurelio

# 16 Pennant
    # 08 Gerrard
    # 14 Alonso
    # 06 Riise

# 15 Crouch (85 Bellamy )
    # 18 Kuyt (90 Gonzalez )

Liverpool played well from the off and tested the Chelsea CB's ealy on and Kuyt snapped on a ball coming through, turned Ferrera nicely and scored well. I think Terry would have stopped this.

Then, for the 2nd goal, Ashley Cole left his ex-colleague Pennant far too much room and the lad took his time and got off a great 30 yards shot and it was 2-0.

From then on Liverpool were in control, although when Alonso was off for a while injured Chelsea semi-threatened, and in the 2ndhalf Liverpool gave Chelse probably too much time and respect. But Chelsea's chances weren't many.

There was trojan work for Jamie Carragher who bottled Drogba up for the whole game. He is an immense asset to us. I didnt see much of Agger. Aurelio did well at left back but got lashed at by Gerrard when he was slow coming back to cover on one occasion. That's a Brazillian for you.

Gerrard of course was excellent, and the efforts of Kuyt were good. I think Rafa shoud have put Bellamy on earlier as with 15 mins he could have got that 3rd goal. It didnt matter anyway as the crowd did Ole's and ended with a loud version of You'll Never Walk Alone.

An important win for Liverpool, a much needed one. Now we have a chance to fight for 2nd at least, and that is good news because it should mean a comfortable finish in a CL place.

For Liverpool, a draw tomorrow between Arsenal and Man Utd would suit best. If Man Utd do win it, it will be one hand on the title. The table is now:

1 Man Utd 23 57
    2 Chelsea 24 51
    3 Liverpool 24 46
    4 Arsenal 23 42

But if Man Utd do win an get a 9 pt lead with just 14 games remaining it is only their's to lose. If Man Utd lose, Liverpool will be 11 pts behind which is a long way, not impossible but not likely either by a long shot. The remaining top-4 games that Man Utd have (away to Chelsea and before that away to Liverpool) could likely be determining matches and could reduce an 11-pt gap significantly, but not enough imo.

a good day at the office for Liverpool, for Rafa and for me !

Redspider

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

Xavi6 wrote:
    Gillespie hits Hunt, Warnock jeers Hunt for going down, Reading coach Downes pushes Warnock. Warnock and Downes sent packing with Gillespie. Brilliant.

Not to mention Gillespie making his way over to Hunt on the way off the pitch and swinging for him again. Hillarious stuff.

even in chinese, the spurs fulham game is pretty dull :)

peno for fulham

goal 1-0

fulham 1 0 - penalty by montella

spurs get an equaliser,1-1

Boro 5-1 up.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

west ham are getting nothing season!!

woohoo!
    1 point closer to chelsea :)

Blackburn 2 - 0 Man City.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Chelsea were woefull today, like a headless - Terryless ??? - chicken. Liverpool caught them on an off day I think. MOTM, Arne Risse, I like him - always have. Wright Philips had a go when he came on too.

I expected more of a match to be honest but - unintended - 'Pool did Man U a favour today.

ZEN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Call_me_al wrote:
    west ham are getting nothing season!!
    Yeah they were only gifted 2 goals thanks to a defense which following Ramage's injury contained two 19 year old centre backs with only a handful of appearances between them, an attacking midfielder at right back, and a **** right back returning at left back having barely trained a week in over a month. Then Given gets injured against them again. I'd say they will be happy at having managed to double their entire away goals tally this season.

Edit: It really pisses me off having to listen to Mourinho every week constantly moaning about having no central defenders. I'll say this much for Roeder, at least he's capable of just getting on with his job without making excuses when it would be totally understandable if he was to take Mourinho's line. My guess is we haven't signed any defenders because of lack of money and all the takeover talk - not much Roeder could have done, unlike JM who's been given almost unlimited funds since he arrived at the Bridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

kinaldo wrote:
    , unlike JM who's been given almost unlimited funds since he arrived at the Bridge.
    yeah but at the moment it looks like the well has dried up. i'm a liverpool fan but today i thought josé was spot on in his post match interview, they are missing 2 main defenders and he has asked the board to amend the situation this transfer term only to be messed about. Terry and Carvaliho (sp.) werent there to keep an eye on Crouch and Kuyt, it could have been a different match if Carragher and Agger or Hypia hadn't been available in defense for Liverpool. In my personal opinion,(and it's just that) i think if you have a strong pairing in central defense, it echoes right up through the team and effects them confidence wise. I'd be more inclined to push up and try to create chances if i had Agger and Carragher behind me rather than Ferreira and Essien

i have a feeling that hunt could get a bad name for himself if he is not careful, he has already had the chelsea incident and now this yesterday. also, im surprised nothing has been said or done about him sliding tackling the corner flag which then wacked the linesman. surprised that he didnt get at least a yellow for that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Spurs were absolutely appaling yesterday.

That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I hope United get a result today...I think if United win today and dont lose to Chelsea they will win the league.

I posted this on another site on Thursday. Hopefully Im right about United gaining a point at least
    Trilla wrote:
    Manchester United travel to in form Arsenal minus Gilberto

prediction : 1-1 draw. Rooney to end bad spell, Hleb to equalize

Chelsea and Liverpool

prediction: 2-0 Liverpool. Shocking defending result in a Kuyt brace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Any stream for arsenal - utd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

sweetie wrote:
    Any stream for arsenal - utd?

Not another one :eek:

Plenty of them here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

do people really need to be spoon fed that website every time there is a match on

anyway, any news on andy johnsons injury. looked pretty serious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

United vs Arsenal build up!! All they are talkin about is liverpool vs chelsa haha:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i have a feeling that hunt could get a bad name for himself if he is not careful, he has already had the chelsea incident and now this yesterday. also, im surprised nothing has been said or done about him sliding tackling the corner flag which then wacked the linesman. surprised that he didnt get at least a yellow for that!!

what happend with Cech was an accident and nothing has been said about him sliding into the corner flag because it was just that, nothing. maybe Long should be done for gbh due to his celebration with the mascot? then again probably not

this is the united team i think -

GK: VdS

RB: Neville
    CB: Ferdinand
    CB: Vidic
    LB: Evra

RM: Ronaldo
    CM: Carrick
    CM: Scholes
    LM: Giggs

CF: Rooney
    CF: Larsson

Subs: Kuszczak, Borwn, Henzie, Fletcher, Saha

as to why park and ole aint on the bench i dont know. we look like we have a strong squad now

• Advertisement

Wigan 0 - 2 Everton

Artetta again. great cross from Phil Neville. excellent goal

Full Time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

i have a feeling that hunt could get a bad name for himself if he is not careful, he has already had the chelsea incident and now this yesterday.
    What did Hunt do wrong yesterday? I just watched the match of the day highlights of the Reading game there. It's 4 minutes long with obviously the goals and that incident. Why the BBC decided to throw in a Hunt foul I don't know. Just a 10 second clip of Hunt making an average foul. Any other player and it certainly wouldn't be in the highlights.

On today's match, Arteta seems to doing very well at Everton. Rangers sold him for less than half the price they got him for and even Sociedad made a bit of a loss on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Its all United at the moment! I would put my house on a sending off today - especially with Bennett in charge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Id hardly call it 'all United' but an encouraging start considering we're the away team..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Cant understand why Rooney is on the left and Giggs thru the middle though.

Fergie probably wants Rooney to cut in from the left with his right-foot. Ludicrous decision really. He should be in the middle. But if it works, I wont complain.

2 obvious displays of 'simulation' by the Gooners thus far.

Nutmeg of the season by Evra :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Peno or not? Henry made the most of it. Was there contact tho?

Minimal contact. Henry made a meal of it tbh. Still, Ive seen them given. *cough Wayne Rooney cough*

Mossy Monk wrote:

any news on andy johnsons injury. looked pretty serious

Sky Sports News are saying he is gone to hospital with suspected broken ankle.

• Advertisement

Pen all the way, just seen the replay :eek:

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Mad Dog wrote:
    Pen all the way, just seen the replay :eek:

From a Chelsea Fan, why does that not surprise me.

Yeah it was. Maybe if his fall didnt look so stupid he would have got it.

We look awfully suspect in the left side of defense :(

Rooney very unlucky - what a shot/save!

Larsson aswell, God - we should be one up...

Aquos76 wrote:
    From a Chelsea Fan, why does that not surprise me.

Who I support or not doesn't have anything to do with my eyesight but I guess it does yours:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

bucks73 wrote:
    Cant understand why Rooney is on the left and Giggs thru the middle though.
    Because Ferguson is stubborn.
    He keeps on playing this formation and it doesnt work.
    Give it up ,stop putting square pegs in round holes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I felt that he went down very easly but Pens have certainly been given in the past for less.

Because Ferguson is stubborn.
    He keeps on playing this formation and it doesnt work.
    Give it up ,stop putting square pegs in round holes.

Completely agree.

Rooney - right footed, but playing on the left.
    Giggs - left footed, playing in the centre.

Now, Im no rocket scientist....but....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Definite peno plus don't think Henry made a meal of it.

^Really? So a strong gust of wind just blew him up into the air?

• Advertisement
Advertisement