Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prem fixtures this weekend

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

Archimedes wrote:
    ^Really? So a strong gust of wind just blew him up into the air?

Huh :confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Well, from the minimal contact that there was, Henry should have just went straight to the ground. But why did he have to jump?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Goal. Great header from Rooney and great run and cross from Evra. Beauty.

Get in there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

get In!

I think Henrik is due one...

What a clearance by Evra!

Sizzler wrote:
    I think Henrik is due one...

Not today ! Heres King Louis!

Fook

You are banned from soccer. Length of ban to be determined.

• Advertisement

Very similar goal to Utd's ! Except Van Persie put his foot on that cross!

Steve Bennet is the worst referee I have seen since Graham Poll.

Hes not as bad as Rennie though. How he gave that goal for Newcastle yesterday is baffling.

bucks73 wrote:
    Hes not as bad as Rennie though. How he gave that goal for Newcastle yesterday is baffling.
    He couldnt even find his cards :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Class always prevails, quite for 90 minutes then he produces that.

Henry = Class.

2-1

Absolute FÚckin Throwaway By Utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,327 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

That is what happens when you take Larsson off :( Throwaway 2 goals

Wheres the f*cking marking!!!!!! F*cking thrown away..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

lol :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I just vomitted a little bit in my mouth.

irish1 wrote:

Henry = Class.

2-1
    He's also in a team 12 pts off the top :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Arsenal celebrating like they've won the league.

United are on top by 6 points but can never be confident against decent teams, that's not the hallmark of champions.

This is what happens when you play Rooney on the left and one up front.

Oh well. Chelsea fans will be the most unhappy after this weekend. Well done Arsenal - theyve guaranteed 4th place.

• Advertisement

Mad Dog wrote:
    lol :D:D

Good too see ya smile. Your still 6 points behind.

Should have been 3-1 stone wall penalty for Henry in the first half, Chelsea just got away with that defeat, Sir Alex won't be happy, Neville just didn't have the pace to stop VanPersie for the first one.

True, credit to the arse. They fought back well and knicked it. Wrong tactics from United. We look so much better playing 4-4-2. It was all Arse after we went 1-0 and deserved to get punished for sitting back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

ah bejaysus...

A suppose a weekend for the neutral supporter...

Bad calls by Ferguson IMO tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

gandalf wrote:
    :)

:D I think is suitable.

So the top two lost so called 'easy' games. Here's to them dropping more in the coming weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

irish1 wrote:

Henry = Class.

2-1
    To be fair Henry was rubbish for 93 minutes.
    The header he scored was an easy one,the cross was perfect.

Sizzler wrote:
    He's also in a team 12 pts off the top :p
    He also has more class and ability than any United player, I don't support Arsenal but I do support true class and Henry is the best there is imo.

United are still 6 points clear but 3 points today would have given them a real boost instead they have lost to their rivals after throwing away a lead and Chelsea are still in the running.

kaimera wrote:
    :D I think is suitable.

So the top two lost so called 'easy' games. Here's to them dropping more in the coming weeks.

Are Arsenal and Liverpool away "easy" games. Don't think anyone ever said that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

kaimera wrote:
    So the top two lost so called 'easy' games.

where'd ya get that gem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

fade2black wrote:
    Good too see ya smile. Your still 6 points behind.

They should be 12 behind though. United dont seem to want to extend the lead at all. Dropping points at the hammers, and now this. Makes it great for the neutral though so i cant complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

Personally i dont think it really mattered. United bossed Arsenal the first part of the game but it was always going to be tight (and pretty dull too imo) I wouldnt blame Ferguson for his lineup. Rooney's playing on the wing actually got the goal for them (and nearly a second with the spectacular volley) and he hasnt looked good in the centre recently. United had to use the flanks to penetrate Arsenal and they did, the comeback had little to do with that and was mainly due to United's inability to control the game and a few defensive errors.

Henry thinks hes about to collect the premiership trophy running around the stadium lol :o How the fook did he get MOTM :confused:

Pi ss poor throwaway from Utd. Champs dont fúck games like that.

noone deserved motm, except maybe Evra shaded it.

"Best league in the world"

my bollox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Chelsea and United will come through these away "tests" easily enough I reckon.
    Of course the other side is that Liverpool are really fired up for it. Chelsea will not find it easy at Anfield with their recent poor form, facing a baying crowd like that will be more of a test for them than Arsenal should be for United. I reckon the better football will be played at Anfield.
    I reckon Arsenal could give Utd a hard time but once Utd. score once it will kill off what will probably be a dull game.

I think the easy comment was there.. Of course it was bollocko who said it so it must have been gospel. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Watford next up for Utd. I don't feel toooo bad all of a sudden :D

Funny how things go. Arsenal lose easy games at the start of the season. Liverpool get whipped by Arsenal twice...then they whip Chelsea. United top of the league but beaten by Arsenal twice.

It's far from being the best league in the world. Maybe the most inconsistant.

Lol...yeah its safe to say chelski wont be eating into the 6 point lead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

"Best league in the world"

my bollox.
    Typical Sky guff.Exciting allright.
    The ball was in play for 20 mins in the first half of the Liverpool-Chelsea match yesterday out of 47 ,that is atrocious.
    United should have the league wrapped up by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

First off, what a poor performance from both teams. Arsenal deserved the win, but I felt both teams were really quite poor, and below their relative selves.

Evra was not MOM, he was a good bit at fault for both of the goals. Quite a shocking defensive performance from United, sure they defended well in parts, but those two goals were inexcusable imo.

Scholes was very poor today, really off his game, and the reason why United up front were so limited. Ronaldo and Giggs were ok, but really didn't have anything to do since Scholes couldn't get the balls to them enough. Really suprising from Scholes, credit to Fabregas who hassled him all day. I think Fabregas was MOM btw

Rooney had another poor game for United today, the goal really doesn't excuse the sub-par performance for the entire game. That said, he was played out of position.
    Larsson was ok, but to be honest, I think him up front as a target man isn't something that is ever gona work. Saha really shoulda started, with either Larsson or Rooney partnering him.

All in all, United threw away the lead, and deserved to be beaten after that. Pretty disappointing from United, had a good chance to extend the lead. That said, with Terry still out, and Uniteds fixtures over the next while relatively easy (Watford, Spurs, Charlton, Fulham), the Liverpool game is now gona be quite big.

Same mistake made again by Fergie as last time, playing a 4-5-1, and losing us the game again. When the hell will he learn that United just don't work in a 4-5-1.

Wish people would stop with all this 'best league in the world' sarcastic nonsense, who the hell claims it to be the best league in the world? How the hell can anyone claim any league to be the best in the world? Theres loads of shítty teams in all the leagues and you get crap games in each league. Its
    very rare that you find a consistantly entertaining 90 minute game of football on the tv (which is why people drink whilst watching football or just watch match of the day etc!) /rant

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

If I am not mistaken, Man U have played 3 times this season Live on Sky @ 4pm on a Sunday and we have lost all 3

Wish people would stop with all this 'best league in the world' sarcastic nonsense, who the hell claims it to be the best league in the world? How the hell can anyone claim any league to be the best in the world? Theres loads of shítty teams in all the leagues and you get crap games in each league. Its
    very rare that you find a consistantly entertaining 90 minute game of football on the tv (which is why people drink whilst watching football or just watch match of the day etc!) /rant

You obviously missed richard keys at the end of the match yea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,077 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Wish people would stop with all this 'best league in the world' sarcastic nonsense, who the hell claims it to be the best league in the world? How the hell can anyone claim any league to be the best in the world?

Richard Keyes on Sky had just said it after the match (again!) so id say thats why it was mentioned. He's by miles the worst for saying it, im sure it must be in his sky contract to bring it up a number of times in each broadcast or he gets bonus's based on how many times he can squeeze it in over the season or something!

• Advertisement

But who takes them seriously? We all (should) know that sky sports pundits are talk tabloid garbage, its obvious and theres little need to point it out again and again.

Advertisement