Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's a decent price for getting a bathroom done?

Options
  • 19-01-2007 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

I'm looking into getting a main bathroom and an en-suite done, which pretty much includes this:
    - new basins and mixer taps (2)
    - new mirrors and vanity units
    - new shower
    - two power showers
    - tiling floors and walls to ceiling
    keeping the toilets and the bath to cut the costs a bit.

I got two quotes so far, one guy came drunk reeking of booze and I'm definitely not going with them. I threw the quote away but it was around 11k, give or take 500 euro.

The second guy that came in today from H&V bathrooms left a better impression, but also a higher quote. 12.5k for both bathrooms. Both quotes include labor and units.

I'm a bit shocked, I know there's a good bit involved but I was expecting to pay roughly half of what we're being quoted. What is a decent price for getting a bathroom done these days? Are these quotes normal? Maybe it's just my expectation that was off. I know it's hard to say, but do you people think these quotes are ok, or am I being ripped off?

And has anyone used H&V bathrooms? They're based in Finglas and had nice stuff that we both liked, if anyone has any feedback on them I'd love to hear it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭dools

Hi,

We are also looking into getting a new bathroom. We were quoted 11.5k. This included new suite, re-arrangement of suite to fit in new shower cubicle, all electrics/plastering/tiling,etc. We had just gotten an electric shower installed as we had gotten the house re-wired. There is NO WAY I am paying 11.5k for a bathroom.

We are going to employ the separate tradesmen - plumber,electician,tiler, plasterer and carpenter and co-ordinate it ourselves. We have just completely refurbished the rest of the house so have reliable tradesmen. Will be a pain in the ass to do and will take longer than one company doing it. We have scrapped the idea of separate shower unit and will get a showerbath instead so reckon we'll get it all done for 5-6k. It's only a small room

Dools

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

I can give you the number of a guy who does bathroom re fits if your interested.I do all his carpentry work and he's spot on to deal with.Send me a pm if your interested.

Advertisement