Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frank Fahey and his requested Garda Investigation of 'rumours'

Options
  • 19-01-2007 3:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

....and there is no substance in it said the Gardai. Frank told the Gardai that there were rumours going around about him which is what led to the investigation. Frank also alleged he was under surveillance . No evidence of surveillance as well as no evidence of rumours.

As a constituent I must confess that I have not only heard no "rumours" about Frank but that the substance of the series of articles on Franks business and property dealings, and which appeared in the Irish Times since 2004, were unknown to me prior to publication and have not been disproven by Frank .

In todays Irish Times it is stated that the Gardai found that there are no rumours going around about Frank in Galway. The Irish Times also hints that its long and seemingly ongoing series of revelations, in the Irish Times , about Franks <cough> interests <cough> in Ireland Russia and the US were put on hold as there was a Garda investigation ongoing for the past 6 months.

The article restates the key points :D from those revelations :D .

What the Irish Times does not state or ask is the following. I will ask it myself.

either

a) Did Frank genuinely believe there were rumours doing the round about him in Galway . If he did believe this and if there were no rumours then is he suffering from some paranoid delusion. ??

If a minister of state is suffering from paranoid delusions then are his constituents entitled to know at all ???

or

b) Alternatively did Frank not believe the rumours or maybe there were no rumours.

If either is so did he knowingly waste the time of the Gardai to procure some respite from the Irish Times who seemed to know an awful awful lot about Franks dealings in Ireland / US / Russia ????

If a minister of state deliberately or carelessly wasted Garda resources then are his constituents entitled to know at all ???

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The article was carried , or lifted, by the Independent yesterday. They added only one small but interesting piece of supplementary information on Frank. Sam Smyth lent his name to it :D

Link to full article , registered users only
    JUNIOR minister Frank Fahey remained silent last night after gardai said there was no evidence to support claims of a politically-inspired smear campaign against him.

For more than six months a team of detectives have investigated the claims but sources say detectives found "absolutely nothing" to support Mr Fahey's assertions

The times never said this though :D
    It was against this background and increasing media interest in his business affairs that Mr Fahey declined to speak to the media, and then claimed he had been targeted by shadowy republican figures in Galway.

Thats all we need in Galway , another ****ing republican plot :( .

Surprisingly :p, and having stayed quiet for over 6 months bar leaking aspects of the National Development plan to the local media in advance of the full publication this week ........
    Mr Fahey declined to comment.

Name them in the Dáil Frankeen why don't ya, These people are a serious threat to democracy are they not..a la the Mc Dowell naming of Frank Connolly.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

"shadowy republican figures" - but were these people inside or outside his own Cumann? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

TBH, I've heard stories about Fahey's shading dealings before. Chiefly rumours that he was discovered to be an unregistered landlord. Though they were told to me as matters of fact rather than whispers.

True or not, it wouldn't effect my voting. I've always found him to be a slimey greaseball so he's usually come below even Sinn Fein on my ballots.

Sleepy wrote:
    Chiefly rumours that he was discovered to be an unregistered landlord.

Is there a more trivial offence in the country? Is that the worst charge levelled against him? If that's all, his best response would have been laughter...

Is that the worst charge levelled against him?

Lord no. His Russian Dealings as an unregistered investment intermediary while in the Senate are the funniest by far that and his blustering to the Irish Times before he decided to stop alking to the media at all (bar those leaks I mentioned )

Last year
    In the Dail, Mr Sargent had outlined six reasons for the Taoiseach to sack Mr Fahey. He said the minister had amassed a multi-million euro property empire spread across several countries on a public representative's salary.

Its the sheer quantity involved more than Franks tendency not to register as a landlord according to the law he actually voted in himself to create the PTSB :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Its the sheer quantity involved more than Franks tendency not to register as a landlord according to the law he actually voted in himself to create the PTSB :D

www.ptsb.ie
    www.prtb.ie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Is there a more trivial offence in the country? Is that the worst charge levelled against him? If that's all, his best response would have been laughter...
    Well Conor74, I know Fianna Fail don't seem to believe that the laws of the land apply to themselves but I for one expect publicly elected representatives to respect *all* the laws of this country, especially when they're in government.

Did anybody ask Frankeen for biographies of his "Partners" as they were until Frankeen and his co-investors got the boot in 1996 .

My Final question to Frankeen.

If the Minister for State in the Department of Justice, Frank Fahey TD, ever had any possible business contacts with the Russian Mafia then are his constituents entitled to know at all ???

Advertisement