Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom FM Website

Options
  • 19-01-2007 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

hey everyone,
    does anyone else find their computer really slows down when on the phantom website?

:confused:
    - leigh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Not noticably...are you on broadband?

There is a new site in the pipline...should be another few weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭lympog

i am indeed
    will check out the phantom site when it's up

:)
    - leigh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭ozone6280

Well I live in the usa and I am not having any problem at all. I have a DSL line.So its not the website or Phantom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Ya it's always a wee bit slower for me too.
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

its just the examiner news ticker loading. its not really transferring that much data but your browser has to load the java scrollit applet. its more of a processing thing than anything else i think.
    if you navigate away from the main page you should find it moves a lot faster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

If you use Firefox you can get a couple of plugins to help.....one is scrpt blocker which will prevent scripts from loading on your pages unless you allow them...that will get rid of the news ticker....the other is a plugin called Fasterfox which can speed up your connection to pages by not loading non vital info when its downloading!

Advertisement