Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weightbelts

• 19-01-2007 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I'm looking at buying about 8 to 10 new weightbelts for the trainees in my club. Internet really isn't a option because of delivery costs. Does anyone know someone that can supply the belts without ripping us off in the Galway area?

Cheers,

Thomas.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭seadeuce

Suggest you buy the ten belts - of different lengths - on the Net. Steel buckles of course.

For the lead you would be better off checking if any member of the local CFT clubs has a mould. Then get a mix of 6 and 4lb weights.

Or you could buy a mould yourself :-)

Very economical they are,

Best o' luck

Seadeuce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Try Ronan or Denise in Burren Adventures

http://www.burrenadventures.com/

They're local, run a dive shop, and I'm sure would do a deal on quantities

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭green123

for the quantity you want i think buying a mould would save you a lot
    they are often for sale on ebay
    for the belts - again ebay or a great spanish site called scubastore is hard to beat

• Registered Users Posts: 24 CJX-3X12

I've already considered the mould option, the workload put me right off of that idea.
    I should have been a bit more direct in my first post, I meant the lead not the actual belts, they were never the problem.

Thanks for your help anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Scania

You should phone Albert Kerr in Bray divers, 01 286 08 37. He casts weights and sells them at a good price. At least he used to do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Hi,
    I have the lead moulds in 2 and 4 lb versions.I can cast you some weights,but I guess you would have to collect them as they are abit weighty.:D But would need lead as well.Or you can rent the moulds?Let me know if I can do somthing in a deal for you
    Regds
    CG

Advertisement