Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Cutting Off When Phone Rings

Options
  • 19-01-2007 3:38pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have done a serach and dont think this question has been asked before. I was over at my cousins house last night and they asked me to look at their broadband settings. As I dont have broadband at home I was of little use. I have though installed broadband for a friend a while back but he never got this problem. It is probably something simple to fix and I will smack my head off my desk when I see the solution! Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Do they have a DSL filter installed on each phone socket in the house?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Yes they do. It was provised with the pack they got from Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭the merchant

Maybe there's a phonewatch alarm in the house. If so, make sure there's a dsl filter on that line too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

there needs to be a filter on everythine connected to a phone socket, including the router afair. just double check to be safe....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

They dont have any type of alarm on the house. when the phone rings a red light comes on the router and the internet cannot be used.

• Advertisement
Advertisement