Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a motherboard Core2duo+AGP+PCIex

Options
  • 19-01-2007 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭

Hey

Im lloking for a motherboard that supports the core2duo and that has an AGP port + PCI express

Thanx in advanced

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Good luck! Why do you need an AGP port?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The only solution may be an SiS board, if they're available at all.

But really, you're far better off in the long term by getting a PCI-E board and a cheap gfx now (X1300/X1650/7600), and then upgrading in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

astrofool wrote:
    The only solution may be an SiS board, if they're available at all.

But really, you're far better off in the long term by getting a PCI-E board and a cheap gfx now (X1300/X1650/7600), and then upgrading in the future.

agree with him man.go for a new pcie card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Not gonna find one. So just buy pci-e card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

Asrock do THIS board which supports C2D chips and has both PCI-E and AGP slots.

You might have to hunt around to find one though.

• Advertisement

Dabs.ie have them HERE

Cheap too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Yup Asrock have another board as well which supports Core 2 & AGP the 775I65G which Dabs also sell for €47 it uses a modified Intel 865 chipset.

Is it worth the upgrade well it depends if you are getting the CPU for it's processing power outside of gaming then yeah it makes sense as you limit the amount of hardware you need to change, but if this is for gaming you are better off waiting till you have saved up enough to make the transition to PCI-Express if you currently have an older generation GPU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

People, please it PCI-E. E for Express. PCI-X is a server standard that it's highly unlikely anyone here would want...

People, please it PCI-E. E for Express. PCI-X is a server standard that it's highly unlikely anyone here would want...

I'm ashamed by my own stupidity.

Have corrected original post :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

hopeful wrote:
    I'm ashamed by my own stupidity.

Have corrected original post :D

ditto :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement