Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livigno

Options
  • 19-01-2007 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

I'm heading to Livigno 27th Jan for a weeks skiiing. I've been hearing reports of poor skiing conditions around europe but does anyone if Livigno has been affected?

I've only been to Bulgaria a couple of times so I am expecting Livigno to be a step up in class. Is there any opinions about it from people who have been there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

Basically Livignio didn't get the memo about the scheduling bad skiing conditions.

Its fine. Good resort too. Especially for beginners & intermediates.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭goose06

Went there first week in feb last year and it was excellent,
    Only had one overcast day in the week and that didn't affect the skiing,
    Slopes are good for intermediates, some advance skiers might find them a bit easy.

Food is excellant and very cheap, I was eating fillet steak for €12 every day, so I was well happy.

Apres Ski was good, plenty of different places to go.
    One of the Bars Mikey's (I think) had a slide to go into it and had good live bands the nights I was in there so good fun.

I would suggest going to the mountain feast night, you get skidoos up the side of one of the slopes to a bar, and get to cook your own dinner on hot plates, its a laugh, loads of booze and dancing on the tables. They offer you this liquer about 80% proof they say, so that gets you well into the party mood.

Then at the end of the night they light torches and guide you back down the mountain, about a mile.

All in all I had a great week there.
    Hope you enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

thanks for the info. much appreciated

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Yep, as said, lively and good resort, especially for beginners and intermediates.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I came back from Livigno today! Had an excellent week, grand snow conditions. Well, except for yesterday, we got heavy rain which turned the slopes to ice. That was mostly in the morning, things had cleared up by the afternoon.

Anyway, I hope you have as good a week as I did!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

When you are there, get a chance to do the skidoos. Possibly the lake isn't frozen enough, but the track is beside it, nice and flat for greeeeaaat speed.

When it gets very cold, you can do frozen lake carting ....

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

Dubhthamlacht,

How did you get on in Livigno?

What were the snow conditions like?

Can you recommens any nice restaurants? Decent pubs?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Pugwall, have a look in the resort review thread as I know Dubh posted a trip report in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

pugwall wrote:
    Dubhthamlacht,

How did you get on in Livigno?

What were the snow conditions like?

Can you recommens any nice restaurants? Decent pubs?

Nice restaurants in Livigno, there were two that we loved the 3 times we were there. The first is the Bellavista, great atmosphere, lovely staff and most importantly delicious food! It's located in the San Rocco area of Livigno, if you're heading with Panorama you'll hear about it. The second is called La Pastornella (I think) it's down the other end of the town from San Rocco and it's part of hotel (again I think), the steak there was beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

What exactly is the story with the 'Mountain Feast'?

• Advertisement
Advertisement