Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water supply a bit smelly

Options
  • 19-01-2007 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

I'm just about to buy a house in a rural location but the water supply is from the mains. I went there today to check if the snag items had been completed and ran the tap water and it has a bit of a smell from it. What are the developers obligations when it comes to this or should I be getting in contact with the local council? Its a new house in a new development and only one other person has moved in and I have yet to meet them to ask if their water supply is similar?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

what tap??

kitchen or bathroom so

if 1 problem with mains
    if 2 problem with tank in attic

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

How long did you run the tap for?
    Its possible that there could be a cleaning agent in the water- they often add things into new water supplies to ensure there are no bugs in the water.

What was the smell in the water- e.g. was it a sulphury smell / rotten eggs etc?

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I ran the tap for 5 mins at least in the kitchen. I couldn't run the bathroom as the stopper mechanism was broken and it was closed shut. Both taps come from the mains as the house doesn't have a tank.

smcarrick, yes it was a sulphury/rotten egg smell. What do you think it might be from?

Advertisement