Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keep Marty Whelan on Air - Sign Petition

• 19-01-2007 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello Everyone,

I thoroughly enjoy listening to Marty Whelans daily breakfast show, so obviously I was really disappointed to hear that they are planning on cancelling his show in favour of what they think will attract the "younger market", I was even more digusted when I heard of the manner at which he was informed of this decision.....by phone on a family holiday. This is diplorable and cruel, especially to someone who has provided so much entertainment to Irish people for years, be it on the airwaves or on telly - so I said enough is enough and have set up a petition to try and exemplify to the execs in RTE that there is a demand for Marty to be kept on air.

I would be sooooo grateful if everyone could sign this petition and forward the link onto as many people as possible....the more signatures the better!

The link is: -

http://www.petitiononline.com/marty2fm/petition.html

Thanks a million everyone, :)

Alanna.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Dec McC

eh - why?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭zeusnero

Hello Everyone,

I thoroughly enjoy listening to Marty Whelans daily breakfast show, so obviously I was really disappointed to hear that they are planning on cancelling his show in favour of what they think will attract the "younger market", I was even more digusted when I heard of the manner at which he was informed of this decision.....by phone on a family holiday. This is diplorable and cruel, especially to someone who has provided so much entertainment to Irish people for years, be it on the airwaves or on telly - so I said enough is enough and have set up a petition to try and exemplify to the execs in RTE that there is a demand for Marty to be kept on air.

ah come on now Marty, give it up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭betelgeuse

267 signatures so far!! I hope this doesn't go to Marty's head :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

"Start your day the better way with MARTY IN THE MORNING!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 supergrip

I just have to echo Dec McC....

eh WHY??? Good riddance if you ask me. Sure wasn't he one of the first ever presenters on the radio, back when they had barely even got the hang of using the wheel! Time to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Bring back Bunny Rogers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

can we start a petition to keep him off the air forever?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Well believe it or not a lot of older people like Marty and he did well to get back into RTÉ after jumping ship to the ill-fated Century Radio :D Took a while but he got there...like the prodigal son I suppose :)

Anyway OP, a lot of boards.ie posters are younger people and may not sign but good post. Keep posting at boards, don't let this be the last we hear from you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Bring back Bunny Rogers!

Tsk...it's bunny 'stop the lights' carr, you mean, shurly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Maybe its Ted "321" Rogers ??? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭superdudeman007

betelgeuse wrote:
    267 signatures so far!! I hope this doesn't go to Marty's head :D
    I hope the controller of 2fm sees mine. It's the most anti-2fm comment you'll ever see. I'm aware of the irony of postng it on a pro-2fm petition, but there must be some kind of listener feedback that they don't ignore...

can we start a petition to keep him off the air forever?
    I'll get right on it, but I'm putting it on boards simply because placing a load of external links to another site makes no sense.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055046456

Hashed it togethjer pretty quickly but you'll get the idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Marty Whelan is a fine broadcaster

online petitions are a load of piss btw

Hmmm... Anything to get rid of Marty.

But I bet this petition will just be ignored like all the old ladies that went on Joe Duffy to whinge when Marty and Mary were axed on Open House on TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Mossy Monk wrote:
    Marty Whelan is a fine broadcaster

online petitions are a load of piss btw
    very true
    But I bet this petition will just be ignored like all the old ladies that went on Joe Duffy to whinge when Marty and Mary were axed on Open House on TV.

also very true, considering the new schedule is already published it was wishful thinking from the OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I thoroughly enjoy listening to Marty Whelans .

You're not from Portmarnock by any chance? :D

You're forgetting that it's the national youth station, not the national OAP yapping about the content of the day's papers to the sports guy station. I'm a students and apart from Rick O'Shea and Dan Hegarty I find 2fm unbearable. It's also the nations favourite (with no real competition) and "livin' the life & lovin' the music" (especially that on Marty in the Morning, Ryan and Avril).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

yapping about the content of the day's papers to the sports guy station.

Which occurs on a lot of morning programmes, not just with Marty Whelan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

What the fcuk is "a sports guy station"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

Indeed thats a new genre I haven't heard of.

Cheaper than music though

Advertisement