Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Luck

• 19-01-2007 8:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    As a TY-forum-person, I just want to wish everyone good luck in their mocks. yes, a little early, but the mocks are pretty early this year. Something to do with an early easter, but meh.
    Hope the study is going well.
    LMP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

lol study

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

lol study

thats exactly what i thought but mocks are only a week away so i guess i should start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I went in to pimp a concert to the 3rd year in my school and they were like "no that's the Saturday before our Mocks!" and I was like lol mocks, sure I was at Bauhaus the night before me mocks, and I did grand. So I guess the point I'm trying to make is do what you want before the mocks and you'll be grand or something.

thats exactly what i thought but mocks are only a week away so i guess i should start.

i plan to start sometime mid week this week...................maybe 45 minutes a day

then 1 hour a day during pres

then no more study till mid april!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Ahh in my opinion the mocks were a lot harder than the actual jc. If you do well in the mocks you more than likely will do well in the real thing. Good luck to everyone and happy studying.

• Advertisement

didnt do ANYTHING tonight.............banking on busines teacher not in again tomorrow to get meine homwork done

didnt do ANYTHING tonight.............banking on busines teacher not in again tomorrow to get meine homwork done

Ah sure theres no rush, is there lol;) .

#Elites wrote:
    lol for the mocks i did study day before each exam..1hr tops.

for JC i think it was mid may i started to "study" never did more then 2hrs a day and i did just fiiiine:)

Ahh those where the days.

meh

having ALOT of free classes this week[today,4 out of 9 classes, yesterday 3] so im studying in them.......kinda[maybe 20 mins study from 40 min class]
    so im covered for this week
    will start studying at home on sunday[maybe hour and half] and then 2 hours day from monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Teachers are still making sure to give us plenty of homework when they can though.:rolleyes:

I'm very much screwed for Irish, and I pretty much have to cram a whole year of the Science course in because I guess the teacher didn't like showing up for work 80% of the time last year.

Still very confident about Maths and History mock papers. I'd probably do well in English and Geography if I tried a bit harder. Business has always been a subject where results have sort of fluctuated. I can only hope that it goes in my favour.

• Advertisement

i've always excelled without trying in business.................
    this sencario is where i dont study till exams start[VERY likely]

hoping for A in business........ecpecting b[ high]
    b in home eco.[high].................ecpecting b[ got high in cooking, and got fullcraft marks]
    b in irish[ord].......................expecting c[i just cant write a story]
    french[high]-hoping for e .............expecting e[no teacher till two weeks before christmsa]
    maths[high]..........hoping for c.........expecting d
    geo......hoping for a...............expecting b[no study :D]
    history.......hoping for a...........ecpecting high b or a[ justgood at history]
    CSPE........im not even doing justify putting this in.............

I have no idea how to answer a Geography question. Our teacher has always ranted about how our class must not be working, probably never once considering the idea that maybe she's not explaining it to us clearly enough.

She's only said how not to answer a question, but never has she given us a sample answer that might help us structure our answers.

As for expected grades, I think I've made it clear to myself never to set definite grades for myself. I always do worse then. Generally it's "I think I'll get a B in English", next thing I know I get a C. Then if I don't set any expectations, I'd probably get a high B or an A.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The marking schemes for old papers are on the SEC site http://www.examinations.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

For the mocks I tried to study......I spent most of the time moping and lying down beside the radiator. Decided to change my ways for the real thing and kinda didn't do anything more........lay down on my bed refinding my love for Nirvana or talking on the phone.

What I DID DO though was extra work in french and german so that I'd get an A in both. I recommend to anyone to do exam questions in whatever subject you want to do well in of your own will and get your teacher to correct it. They should be more then happy to see someone doing extra. That way you know exactly how to pick up on marks that you'll lose otherwise.

people :the impossilbe has happened.i actually STUDIED tonight.Home Eco .30 minutes.
    But then again,my Home Eco pre is tomorrow morning...........

Stupid maths paper. I knew I'd regret my confidence.

Seemed a bit different from a standard JC paper but I suppose there's a little bit of scare tactics involved. I hope. :(

Hopefully I got a highish B so that if I get a decent A I'll get an A overall. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭X-Ecuti0ner

anyone gonna study for RE... lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭X-Ecuti0ner

Davidius wrote:
    I have no idea how to answer a Geography question. Our teacher has always ranted about how our class must not be working, probably never once considering the idea that maybe she's not explaining it to us clearly enough.

She's only said how not to answer a question, but never has she given us a sample answer that might help us structure our answers.

As for expected grades, I think I've made it clear to myself never to set definite grades for myself. I always do worse then. Generally it's "I think I'll get a B in English", next thing I know I get a C. Then if I don't set any expectations, I'd probably get a high B or an A.
    i wouldn't worry about geography, it's kinda like cspe, just pure logic

Advertisement