Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bam Bam Bigelow Dies

• 19-01-2007 9:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

Just read it on PWInsider, Bam Bam was found dead in his home today. Sad news. He had a lot of problems in his life in the last few years, but he was still young. I really liked him back when he debuted in the WWF, and again in ECW. Sad to hear

EDIT: WWE.com just posted the news on their site:
    WWE.com has learned that former WWE Superstar Scott "Bam Bam" Bigelow has passed away in Florida.

Kevin Doll, the Public Information Director for the Pasco County Sheriff's Office confirmed that Bigelow was found dead early this morning in his home in Hudson, Fla.

"We can confirm that Scott Bigelow was found in his home this morning. At this time the cause of death is unknown," Doll told WWE.com.

Doll also confirmed that the Pasco-Pinellas Counties medical examiner has taken the body and an autopsy will be performed.

Bigelow, 45, worked for WWE, ECW and WCW extensively throughout his 20-year sports-entertainment career. A former ECW Champion, ECW Television Champion and WCW Tag Team Champion, he is perhaps best known for his rivalry with Lawrence Taylor that culminated in the main event of WrestleMania XI in 1995.

Another wrestler dead before 50

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

very sad news indeed... RIP Bam Bam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Today's been a bad day for nostalgia with Bam Bam passing away and Tatanka being released.

R.I.P The Beast from the East

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

He seemed like a decent guy and was good to watch when he was in ECW. RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Was a very good wrestling for a big man.
    RIP Bam Bam Bigelow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Very sad.

I never really appreciated how good he was when I was a kid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Agree with what's been said. One of the really talented big men in wrestling. Tragic to see these guys dying so young. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Got the following from rajah:
    Kocosports.com broke the story of the passing of former WWE Superstar Scott "Bam Bam" Bigelow earlier today. They have a few more details on his passing that WWE.com didn't report. Sources close to Bigelow told Kocosports.com the he had been missing for several days. And as noted before, he was found dead this morning in a home in Florida. Furthermore, police are currently treating this as a crime scene. Click here for the story in its entirety.

Many of Bam Bam Bigelow's friends and colleagues contacted WWE.com to share their feelings on "The Beast from the East." Click here for comments from RVD, Tazz, Paul Heyman, Jerry Saggs, Tommy Dreamer, Ted DiBiase, Mean Gene Okerlund, Howard Finkel, Jimmy Hart, Jake Roberts, Joey Styles and Gregory Helms. Also, it looks like WWE will be adding comments from more wrestlers throughout the day as they get them.

On WWE.com, there is an article and a photo gallery looking back on his lengthy wrestling career.

Very sad news! RIP Bam Bam!

RIP Bam. I really underrated him as a wrestler back in the day. We'll miss you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Stay easy big man, flyed with the best of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 DublinGangster

Sad News. Last year it was Earthquake now its Bam Bam.

On October 2, 2005, Bigelow was hospitalised with a broken nose and several lacerations after crashing his Harley-Davidson motorcycle in Spring Hill, Florida. This is Probably not linked to his death. I wonder when we will find out how he died.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Thats too bad, enjoyed watching him. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

always loved to watch him fly off the top turnbuckle with the flyin headbutt!!

R.I.P. Bam Bam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    wasnt expecting this at all...didnt he just get married again last year?
    I did read that he was having alot of problems over the last year but didnt expect this at all.
    I really enjoyed watching him when i was younger.My fav bam bam match has to be diesel and bam bam vs sid and tatanka(KOTR 1996).
    Like it was said above,he was one of the few big men that were with the wwe that were able to wrestle.....a very sad day for wrestling indeed...
    rip bam bam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

RIP big guy... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W1P6b-v2_k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iroh9wHHFrw

RIP

I love his dance in the first video. He threw his head around like it was no-one's business! Great stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

thats sad news alright, R.I.P. Bam Bam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Bam Bam was great. Shame he's gone. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

wow :( rip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Bam Bam was my favourite wrestler 20 years ago, and will always remain one of my favourites.

As an 11 year old, I watch attentively every week, while WWF ran the angle of assigning this new wrestler a manager. No one, short of US based Indy fans, knew anything about him so we all wondered why the top five heel managers in the WWF (Heenan, Hart, Fuji, Slick and Johnny V) were all trying to sign him up. Every week, a short clip would show a bit more of Bam Bam, from his flaming costume to his bald tattooed head, and every week a heel manager was told they were out of the running until finally it was down to Slick, only for Bam Bam to kick him to the curb and go face, managed by Olivier Humperdink) I was totally hooked by this angle, I’d never seen such a fuss made by a debuting wrestling (and to be honest, out of all the attempts over the years to build up a new guy before his debut, I still think this one worked the best) But it wasn’t just the way the angle was built up that worked, Bam Bam, the guy who had to back up all the fuss and prove his worth, done just that. People have spoken about how agile he was for a big man, but it was also his presence (If you've got a tattooed bald head, you can't have a school teacher gimmick) and his arsenal of moves, which were a rare breed of power and agility based ones that were unheard of at the time (Nuclear splash anyone?)
    My favourite memory of him was being the last remaining member of Hogan's team at the first Survivor Series (he got eliminated by the Sole survivor Andre, but he lasted longer than Hogan which was unheard of at that time). He got injured less than a year into his first WWF run and I always thought he was misused for large parts of his second stint in the 90’s (He certainly was never going to get ahead of the Kliq). He was completed underused in WCW (Like most guys of course) so it’s ironic that some of his best work was to a lesser audience in ECW (Again, like a lot of great guys I guess)

The Hitman always said that Bam Bam was the best big man he ever worked with; I’d be interested to hear what nice things he’d have to say about him.

I rabbited on a bit here, don’t usually post at all anymore, but just had to pay some small tribute to a real WWF superstar, who was a real talent ahead of his time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W1P6b-v2_k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iroh9wHHFrw

RIP

I love his dance in the first video. He threw his head around like it was no-one's business! Great stuff.

Man, how hot was the crowd for that WWE video

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

D-FENS wrote:
    People have spoken about how agile he was for a big man...
    Undeniably. It's rare to see someone of his size with the ability to perform decent moves.
    R.I.P. Bam Bam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Man, how hot was the crowd for that WWE video
    Yeah. According to the guy who put it up there, it was his first match on WWF TV. So it was just coming off the huge promo-based push D-FENS was talking about.

Yeah. According to the guy who put it up there, it was his first match on WWF TV. So it was just coming off the huge promo-based push D-FENS was talking about.

aye plus its been ages since I have heard a WWE crowd hot for a low card match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

Sad news :eek:

RIP Bam Bam :(

Nice tribute on wwe.com to the Beast himself

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/superstars/bam_bam_bigelow/bambamtribute

Although I am somewhat saddened that no "original" wwe employee from his tenure there said anything

Advertisement