Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TPB wishlist

Options
  • 19-01-2007 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

While I was supposed to be teaching my mind started wandering to recommendations and what comics were the top of the tops for my ultimate bookshelf thread when I thought of one or two story arcs from comics that haven't been collected yet but I'd love to have in a TPB (trade paper back) for easy lending to spread the joy amongst other people.

So what are your not-collected-yet-but-would-love-to-see-it-as-a-trade favourites?

I'm going to go for Abnett, Lanning and Coipel's first arc on Legion and Legionnaires 'Legion of the Damned' and the end of that series leading into:

Legion Lost: 12 issues so easy to put together into one trade, something DC never seems to have had trouble with for Long Halloween and Dark Victory.

Finally trades of the first year of the Legion (again DnA and Coipel) would be fantastic. Their work with the Legion was sci-fi superhero gold. The best run I've read on any superhero comic and it's shame that the idiot Didio coming to DC spoiled it all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

ok seeing as no one else has responded..........the only comic i would like to see collected is the first TMNT comics. Not the ****ty archie or image run or the current mirage run but the very first mirage run. You can read issues 1 and 2 on the mirage website but I'd like ever issue of the first run as a collected trade paper back or even a delux hardcover edition. I've picked up a number of the issues at various shops and cons but i'm still missing some and couple arent in the best of nic and honestly its bout the only time were i don't really want to read single issues i want the whole lot in one book.

Other then that I can't think of anything i'd want collected, if its a something i like then more then likely i already have all the single issues.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I'd love to see DC's recent Solo anthology series as a trade; hell, I'd buy it in hardback and that's not something I do often. I'd also like the Fear Machine storyline from early Hellblazer days (though you never know, there's a 264 page TPB out in May of early Hellblazer stuff so I might get lucky yet).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭spooydermot

ztoical wrote:
    ok seeing as no one else has responded..........the only comic i would like to see collected is the first TMNT comics. Not the ****ty archie or image run or the current mirage run but the very first mirage run. You can read issues 1 and 2 on the mirage website but I'd like ever issue of the first run as a collected trade paper back or even a delux hardcover edition. I've picked up a number of the issues at various shops and cons but i'm still missing some and couple arent in the best of nic and honestly its bout the only time were i don't really want to read single issues i want the whole lot in one book.

is this the one where they all wear red bandanas and at one point end up on this alien planet that is inhabited by triceritops's (triceritopti?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

is this the one where they all wear red bandanas and at one point end up on this alien planet that is inhabited by triceritops's (triceritopti?)

In the comics they always all wore red thou you could only tell that from the covers as the orginal comics were [and the current mirage series is still] black and white. It was the 80's cartoon that introduce the different coloured bandanas, among other things, and the archie comic line kept that as it was based off the cartoon show.

Volume 1, as its called, ran from 1984 to 1993 and they had small runs of under 3000 for most of the early issues so they are hard to find. A second run, volume 2, started in 93 but only lasted a year as it was full colour and was to costly to print and sales dropped due to that whole 90's boom in mainstream american comics, and poor old selfpublishers found it hard going. Then image came along and published volume 3, thou back to classic black and white the stories were just mad and that run is no longer considered canon in TMNT land. And then we have volume 4 which is on a break right now as they get the new film finished, it takes place 15 years after the events of volume 1. Most of the stories for the new cartoon show is based on the story arcs from volume 1.

The triceraton's have featured in everything but the archie comics, the live action tv show Next Mutation and the feature films thou no word on if they will be in the new one or not.

The archie run was called TMNT adventures, was aimed more at kids and is also not considered canon.

wait wasn't this a yes or no answer type question.......o well, ahhhh I'm a turtle nerd, hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

I know I'm not alone and it's held up in some kind of legal technicalities but I'd absolutely love a collected edition of Zenith. Far and away Grant Morrison's best work. Which come to think of it might be something I have to nominate for the Ultimate bookshelf.

• Advertisement
Advertisement