Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ooking for a micro atx motherboard with at least 3 PCIex

Options
  • 19-01-2007 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

I've searched everywhere I know but I can't find a a micro atx board with 3 pci-e slots. I need something with a pci-e x16 and 2 pci-e x1s. Also, it must support core2 duo.

Any help much appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I do no think such a thing exists. Will u-atx suit you ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭McSandwich

Anti wrote:
    I do no think such a thing exists. Will u-atx suit you ?

Thanks for your reply - I'm not sure..

I'm planning to build a pvr system using this case http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_1212.html which requires a micro atx board.

There are lots of m-atx boards, but none (that I've seen) have more than 2 pci-e slots..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Just curious but why 2 PCI-e x1 slots there are not many devices available that use those slots and the ones which benefit the most are SATA controllers. So unless you are putting specifically those into it then everything else should be okay in a PCI slot.

There is an Abit board the LG-81 that nearly fits all of your criteria except no Core 2 Support only up to Pentium D I'm afraid.

I want to install 2 saber 2020 tuner cards. From what I've read it's the best quality tuner card available.

Thanks for the Abit link, if only the added core2 support!t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The Vista Saber uses the same chip that the NVIDIA dual TV uses so the picture quality is practically the same. The NVIDIA dual TV also comes in PCI form factor making things a lot easier.

The two tuners above are actually the close second best, the tuner that has the best picture quality is the ATI Theatre 550/650 Pro (also available in PCI & PCI-e) but they are no longer sold in Europe from what I can gather (or at least widely available) so obtaining one is quite difficult unless you go through other channels like eBay.

Edit: Forgot to mention the NVIDIA board is NTSC only according to NVIDIA's site, so not sure it is only a software setting so maybe it does support PAL (will have a root around). The ATI cards definitely do PAL as my HTPC has an ATI 550 Pro in it which I acquired a good while back before they vanished from the stores.

• Advertisement

8T8 wrote:
    The Vista Saber uses the same chip that the NVIDIA dual TV uses so the picture quality is practically the same. The NVIDIA dual TV also comes in PCI form factor making things a lot easier.

The two tuners above are actually the close second best, the tuner that has the best picture quality is the ATI Theatre 550/650 Pro (also available in PCI & PCI-e) but they are no longer sold in Europe from what I can gather (or at least widely available) so obtaining one is quite difficult unless you go through other channels like eBay.

Edit: Forgot to mention the NVIDIA board is NTSC only according to NVIDIA's site, so not sure it is only a software setting so maybe it does support PAL (will have a root around). The ATI cards definitely do PAL as my HTPC has an ATI 550 Pro in it which I acquired a good while back before they vanished from the stores.

Thanks a lot for your help. I'll look into getting a pair of ATIs.

Advertisement