Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video 8 to PC

• 19-01-2007 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I've searched this forum about this, but didn't find a full answer.

I have an old 8mm MP tape that I shot 6yrs ago, I've borrowed a Sony Handycam Video 8 (CCD-TR420E) to look at the tape. But how do I get it onto my PC.

The handycam has only composite Video/Audio out, my PC has usb, firewire, S-video and HDMI.

Is it possible to go direct from handycam to PC or maybe through a miniDV camcorder (DCR-HC22E)
    sorry if I'm talking a load of s**t i really don't know whats possible, that's why I'm askin.

I know it can be done by a pro but if it can be done by me all the better.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Simon201

Short of getting a standalone (or maybe a card) video digitiser, I think preferably you're gonna need to get hold of either a digital camcorder with 'pass through' mode - that is, an audio/video input on the the camcorder (where you would input from the video 8 cam you have) that will digitise and import to your PC via firewire, or better still a Digital 8 camcorder that also has pass through mode that you can actually put the original tape into and just import into your PC.
    Oh yeah - I don't really know but maybe you can hire digital 8 cams from somewhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭kirving

You could also buy a basic tv card, i got one in pc world ages ago for €30, and put the composite from the camcorder into the input on the card. Then start recording! You can then edit it all you want, and make dvd's of the tape.

Advertisement