Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX emulators/roms

Options
  • 20-01-2007 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭

Noob question. I have downloaded iso's containing emuls and roms. How do I get these onto my modded xbox? Do I have to burn onto disc first?
    Any advice appreciated. Ta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

ftp

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

CiaranC wrote:
    ftp

Do I just ftp the whole iso? If so where do I place it, something like under e:\emulators? Sorry complete noob here...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Burn it, don't FTP the iso unless you extract from it first using something like isobuster.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

or unless you have a softmodded xbox and just mount/'attach' the iso.

UnleashX is The Way and The Light

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

or u could just burn the iso usind "dvd decrypter" then pop the disc in ur xbox and copy the files from the dvd into the proprer directorys ie. e\emulators..

but ftp is ur best bet just mount the iso on ur pc with "damon tools"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭patch

If the iso's are called 'Big Ass Emulator' all you need to do is burn them to dvd.
    Pop them in the xbox and they should work like a dvd.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

craze7 wrote:
    or u could just burn the iso usind "dvd decrypter" then pop the disc in ur xbox and copy the files from the dvd into the proprer directorys ie. e\emulators..

but ftp is ur best bet just mount the iso on ur pc with "damon tools"
    You are advised to use an ISO, because of the filesystem limitations of FATX (Filename length, directory structure limits)
    Copying to the harddisk is a waste of time and will end in tears wrt BAED.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

As advised I just burned the iso images onto dvd/cd and poped them in the xbox and up they came! Thanks for the pointers.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

SyxPak wrote:
    You are advised to use an ISO, because of the filesystem limitations of FATX (Filename length, directory structure limits)
    Copying to the harddisk is a waste of time and will end in tears wrt BAED.

are u reffering to the pc or the xbox?????

i have all my emulators on the ebox and the play grand, also a lot of emu's have to be ran from the hard drive ie. ki-xxx, psxbox!!!!

Advertisement