Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ban dispute.. my latest ban.

Options
  • 20-01-2007 1:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hello.

On this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055027189&page=2

I responded to the following quotes in post 31
    jessop1 wrote:
    Orwell Palava

and
    jessop1 wrote:
    More 9/11 guff

with:
    Originally Posted by Diogenes ...(in virtually every post on this forum)
    Hey everyone. Put your fingers in your ears scrunch your eyes shut and keep shouting lalalalalalalala. There are no such thing as any conspiracies, all is well with the world. Now go back to sleep. Thats it.....sleeeeeeep.....mua whua whauaaaaaahahahahahaha!

I recieved a 1 month ban was for a personal attack on another user and disrespecting their point of view. I mean for gods sake that is ridiculous.
    Firstly, My post was made in a jestful non threatening manner, secondly, is Diogenes to be banned also? how are his quotes any less disprespectful of my views?

Neither of us should be banned, this is a case of moderation gone mad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

You would have received a lesser ban if you hadn't been banned already, so you have not understood the spirit of the forum in the mods eyes.

The CT forum is a very difficult forum to keep in check due to the contentiousness of subject matter within it. There are a few threads that spark some extreme views and with extreme views comes much heated debate. If you are going to misquote someone to either debase their character/throw the discussion off course/slyly insult them - then the mod is of course going to step in.

If you feel that Diogenese is also in the wrong you should take it up with the Moderator via PM. He cannot reply here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭jessop1

Gordon wrote:
    You would have received a lesser ban if you hadn't been banned already, so you have not understood the spirit of the forum in the mods eyes.

The CT forum is a very difficult forum to keep in check due to the contentiousness of subject matter within it. There are a few threads that spark some extreme views and with extreme views comes much heated debate. If you are going to misquote someone to either debase their character/throw the discussion off course/slyly insult them - then the mod is of course going to step in.

If you feel that Diogenese is also in the wrong you should take it up with the Moderator via PM. He cannot reply here.

Diogenes "misquoted"/synopsised my views by replacing what I wrote with palava, guff etc.

I have no problem with that as thats what he thinks of it.

Likewise what I "misquoted" (in a jestful manner I repeat)was my synopsis of his position/views.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this in either instance and I would not be so petty as to try and get diogenes banned over something so trivial.

The problem here is with the moderator who is over-reacting bigtime. There is nothing wrong with a bit of heated debate or expressing of extreme views, where is the actual harm??? really this banning business is ridiculous.

Please can one or more senior mod look at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Gordon is an Smod - thats the highest level of mod on boards.

Advertisement