Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Don't get me wrong but...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

If you get cremated you can have the carbon extracted and turned into a diamond... that's pretty cool.

Imagine having your dead wife turned into a diamond for an engagement ring for a new wife.

I wonder what the falue on said diamond would be, nice gesture for your family or children if you are not wealthy. "Kids when i die mommy is going to have me made into a diamond so you can have all the things you want"

Would be a interesting idea or even to have it made into a diamond and sold allowing the proceeds to go to your favurate charity (Bring Back Firefly Or Else Santa Strike Force :) )
    Yep... I'm hoping to stick my brain in a jar at some stage and perhaps install it in some sort of killbot...

Why not some form of Evil santa kill bot like in Futurama?
    That would be a great laugh
    We die and that's it, no heaven, no hell. It's difficult to imagine sometimes, but the easiest way to put it is that it's like before you were born, you're nothing.

Ive never actually thought of it like that. ive always be believed
    User45701 wrote:
    i think we end and that is it. nothingness i know its hard to comprehend but there is such a thing nothingness. we cese to exist and there is nothing

i would like to think we ascend to a higher plane of existence but religion has corrupted that idea for me

The way you pout it is interesting tho and would be qutite usefull to pull out in a argument when someone says that annoying line "if theres no heaven then describe what nothingness is"
    Oh yeah... I almost forgot... you also sh*t yourself when you die!

No no no!

Cartman: "When you die you void your bowels"

Void your bowels wounds finnier to me
    Archimedes wrote:
    Reincarnation

As what? If it was possible what would you all choose
    It depends i suppose a cat would be great, but it would have to be a cat with a good home.
    the problem with that is a cats or animals brain could probably not support a human conscience
    A baby ? a human again? well we know there is no such thing as reincarnation with full memories so one would assume you die but a small part of your essence just pops back into live inside a different living orginasm
    Faith wrote:
    I don't know about Hell though, I guess I don't believe in it.

But I have to believe that there's something after death. Life seems pointless enough as it is.

When it comes to hell it does not make sense even the very concept of it is moronic.

The devil was an angel who defied god right?
    god punished this guy by casting him out of heaven and all the bad people with him when they die? and hell is a terrible place where you will suffer and be tortured and all the crap. Why?

Why would the devil and his "minions" punish you? you did what he did you defied god why would someone who hates god punish those who turn away from him? There is no Hell as religion describes it

Still i am still interested if there was reincarnation what would you all choose?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I think it was best put by Shakespeare (Hamlet). I might not have it exactly as said here, but it went along the lines of "man eats fish, fish eats worm, worm eats man".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

The question of death is a very interesting one because it plays on human selfishness. It's one thing to say that there is no God when you are here on Earth, but when someone asks you whether or not you believe your parents or friends are wormfood, the natural inclination is to say "no, they're in a better place".

Either way, I do believe in God, and the ultimate fate that I think we will have to face.

Bet you a fiver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

What do you think happens to a dog when it dies? Apply that to a human.
    Faith wrote:
    But I still believe in a soul. For me, it is the essence of your being. It is different to your conciousness. Your soul makes you who you are. It gives you humanity and compassion and all those things.

This is hilarious! :D To continue the dog example, do you think a dog has a soul? If not, why not? How about a fish? An amoeba?

IMO, the only difference between us and an amoeba is evolution.

Advertisement