Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conditional residence on green card

Options
  • 20-01-2007 6:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

Since I married an American, I have to send in a new form now to get the conditional status removed as it runs out April 07 and get the 10 year extension. Biometrics have to be done on this one instead of simply sending in the photographs. I am assuming that I will have to go to Chicago (being the district office I would imagine) to get them done. Before I call them tomorrow, just wondering if anyone has any experience on whether they had to travel a bit to get it done or could get them done locally. I know its up to the USCIS at the end of the day like. Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

Did they send you any documentation for the biometrics. If they ask you for another interview in april be prepared, bring as much info as possible.

BTW congrats on the upcoming 2 years. Are you going to apply for US citizenship in 08.

How is the new house coming along? We are closing on our condo in the end of feburary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Nah I didn't even send in the conditional residence form and "evidence" that the relationship still exists yet, the 90 day period of when I am allowed send it in begins this Monday. I was just wondering if anyone knew how the biometrics thing went, I'll give them a ring today and see. I'm not expecting to be called for any further information as I have bucket loads for them. :)

The house is coming along well, getting it the way we wanted and all is well. Cheers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

There is a document called the i-751 to remove conditions on your 2 yr residency. You can download the form on the uscis website. Send it in straight away and then you will be called for biometrics.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-751.pdf.

* You need to send in a copy of your permanent residence card.
    * Evidence of your relationship. Bills , bank statments etc. Give them as much as possible. You may be lucky and not be called for an interview.

Good to hear that your doing well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Yep, thats the one I have. Its pretty much ready to go, am printing off home owners insurance, bank statements, a whole heap of other muck as we speak. Ah well sure if they call me at least it'll be a day trip up to Chicago and I'll make a day of it. :) Best of luck with the condo.

Advertisement