Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sending music from pc to 4 stereos over wireless

• 20-01-2007 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi All,

This may seem like a stupid question to some but its not to me so be nice. Im trying to hook up the 4 stereos in my house to my pc so I can have the same music playing all over the house using some form of wirless connection. Ive been trying to read up on it but cant seem to find the info I need. So I guess my questions are:

1. Can it be done without a serious loss of sound quality?

2. What do I need to do it?

Any help would be great!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

1) Yes, it can.
    2) What you need is to set up a streaming music server on one computer, and buy a 4 small terminals with the appropriate speaker outputs jacks to connect to your stereo. These terminals will be able to read the stream and play it on the speaker.

Alternatively, a system like Sonos sounds like its right up your street.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭dohda

Hi Aidan,

thanks for that but the sonos looks to be a little out of my price range. If i was to set up a streaming music server would you recommend any of the software that is available out there for doing this or would I be as well off just sticking with my usual media player??

I'm not sure how hard it is to set up, but everyone's favourite VLC can stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭dohda

thanks a million. I will have to head into town to see how much the small recievers would be inorder to set this up.

Having a look around, it looks like a much cheaper full solution is available from Logitech. This kit comes with a USB sender and one reciever, though more recievers can be bought seperately. €149 for the initial kit and €100 per reciever afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭ST

What about this:

Griffin Technology RocketFM Digital Media Streamer

http://www.buy4now.ie/galaxy-computer/aspx/productdetail.aspx?pid=2916&loc=P&catid=33

It's on offer for €50.

It transmits the audio on FM so you should just be able to tune your radio's into whatever frequency it transmits on.

Have not used one so don't know what the quality is like, got a buy for now offers e-mail and saw it.

Probably the cheapest option.

Here's the website link with specs.

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/rocketfm/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

Another possible solution here. Kinda pricy maybe...

Advertisement