Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PP Account setup - Help

Options
  • 20-01-2007 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

Hey lads, I might be setting up a PP account 2day and would just like to ask a few questions;

1. How long does it take to deposit money from CC to account?

2. Is PP the best site to do it with (was looking at betfair but they arent very good for accumulators)

3. Has any1 any referal codes or something where i can get an added bonus for signing up for the person who gives me the code will get?

4. How much do they charge for deposits/withdrawals?

Thanx lads

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Tubbertown1982

Paddy Power is the best site around, he offers betting on almost anything and everything. As far as deposits go it takes a couple of seconds (well mine does anyway), withdrawing money is easy to, i use mastercard so i recieve cheques,i think if u use other methods the money can be sent straight to your account (not 100% sure though) The cheques take around 3 days to arrive, But ya i recommend pp very highly, after all it is irish aswell...which helps!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭wba88

Thanx for the quick reply Tubbertown1982

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Yoursomelanger

wba88 wrote:
    Hey lads, I might be setting up a PP account 2day and would just like to ask a few questions;

2. Is PP the best site to do it with (was looking at betfair but they arent very good for accumulators)

3. Has any1 any referal codes or something where i can get an added bonus for signing up for the person who gives me the code will get?

Thanx lads

It transfers instantly - you will see it in your account once you submit.

I only use this one and find it meets all my needs. I don't think it matters as they all like taking your money

Not aware of any or of a referral system in use by PP.

No charge on deposits or withdrawls. If you use Visa, any winning bets are credited to your account and you can withdraw back into your Visa account straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭wba88

Done and dusted. thanx for the help lads. Mods can close this if they wish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

damn, if i'd been in earlier, i'd have told you to set up via the phone first - they give you a free €25/£25 bet - you can do whatever bets you want for today, then ring up a few hrs later and tell them you want to make it into an internet account - afaik the bonus no longer applies to the internet account.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Usually the odds they offer are the worst available though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

Yes, but unless you're a heavy punter the odds are really insignificant. I think people forget that little bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Not really, i am not a big punter but i dont use paddypower. Over a year it will all add up, even for small punters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

Not at all. It really is insignificant, believe me. If it does add up over the year, then you're not really a small punter then, are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

paddypower had chelsea -2 at 5/4 last night. They had chelsea ht/chelsea ft at 1/2. most other firms were doing 1/4 for this. if this isn't a huge price i don't know what is.
    usually PP go best price on at least one major premiership team every week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

They had chelsea ht/chelsea ft at 1/2. most other firms were doing 1/4 for this. if this isn't a huge price i don't know what is.
    usually PP go best price on at least one major premiership team every week.
    Hardly a glowing recommendation that they are biggest on one major prem team per week!
    I'd be surprised if they were 1/2 for ht/ft, normally it's just over twice the odds and since they were prob going 1/10, then that would be 1/5, are you sure they weren't going 1/2 for chelsea to win both halves?
    But in saying that pp aren't bad, they price up a helluva lot of sports and matches compared to most bookies and have to be applauded for taking the risk of getting burned badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

i know the calculation involved in soccer markets, that's why i mentioned the 1/2 they were offering yesterday. huge price. they thought they would get away with it. they took an awful lot on blackburn tho so it balanced out

also, by major prem team i meant the top 4 (manu chel arse liv). thats good considering most firms are not very adventurous with those teams. to be honest my bookies of choice is bet365. absolutely huge range of soccer markets available, which is my fortae

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭RaiseTheBlinds

Usually the odds they offer are the worst available though.

no,..thats ladbrokes,.....pp are worst for snooker and tennis and best for the nfl,nbl,baseball etc. ... looking for the american customers.

if your joining pp's,... go to thesun.com and take the link there for a free 10 euro bet.

boylesports is great,..25quid free, possibly another 75 euro free, great odds, and friendly service. witha nice easy layout.
    only,..their site is no good with a dial-up connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭RaiseTheBlinds

Yes, but unless you're a heavy punter the odds are really insignificant. I think people forget that little bit.

of course the odds matter,.... even if its only 5 euro in the difference of payout.
    imagine throwing 5 euro out your front door today letting it blow into the wind,........ now imagine the multimillionaire bookmaker that has destroyed families and young men's lives with their dazzling advertisments and shop locations that used to be centred around poorer areas,..imagine him saying then , t"thats great", just saved myself another 5'er cause my punter thought it was insignificant to shop for prices !!

i screw every bookmaker i can for every penny -- as a hobby.

the world cup was the best,...irish tv airing a heap of matches about 2 seconds ahead of bbc,...and i cleaned out the english bookmakers on "in-running" betting. from everything including corners,.next to score, team to win, bookings etc.
    i averaged 300 - 400 euro a day risk free,... backing before the goal went in an immediately laying off at the re-start kickoff.

the quantity of punters , allowed me to get away with any scrutiny checks,... only after the w/c did they look at my accounts and restrict me to 5 and 10 euro bets.

Advertisement