Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying sim free to use on 3

• 20-01-2007 12:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if I buy a Nokia N73 sim free will I be able to get it setup to use Planet 3, MMS etc? I know the Nokia online settings now includes settings for 3 but can anyone confirm that they've got them all working on a sim free phone for 3? Reason I'm asking is I had a sim free Sony K608i and I could never get that setup to work on Planet 3 etc. and would like to make sure it works before going buying it.

Failing that if I were to buy one on 3Pay would I ever be able to get it unlocked aswell as my contract phone on 3.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I think 3 will only unlock it for you when you upgrade again, e.g. if you get the N73 now, your contract will be up at 12 months. At that point, they'll unlock it for you if you either leave their network, or upgrade to a new phone.

They might also charge an admin fee, which just feels wrong (since it was their decision to lock the phone in the first place). I can understand on prepay, but it makes no sense on postpay, especially when you're paying hundreds of euros for the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

kevinmcc wrote:
    Does anyone know if I buy a Nokia N73 sim free will I be able to get it setup to use Planet 3, MMS etc? I know the Nokia online settings now includes settings for 3 but can anyone confirm that they've got them all working on a sim free phone for 3? Reason I'm asking is I had a sim free Sony K608i and I could never get that setup to work on Planet 3 etc. and would like to make sure it works before going buying it.

Failing that if I were to buy one on 3Pay would I ever be able to get it unlocked aswell as my contract phone on 3.

You could get the N73 flashed with 3 Ireland firmware, ditto for K608i

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭fattestman

Hi,

I have an unlocked XDA Exec (:D ) and a 3 SIM (:D ). Now the XDA is ideal to use with the 3 USIM (big screen and so on), but I can't get settings anywhere (:mad: ).

Can anyone help? (:confused: )

T'would be much appreciated. (there's a bag of lollipops :eek: for the person who solves my dilemma - I kid you not...oooooohhhhhh)

Ta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

Take a look here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055103864

and see how you get on.

I haven't suceeded in getting the video streaming on Planet 3 working everything else should work on Windows Mobile 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

kevinmcc wrote:

I have used my 3 dataSIM in both a SIM-free N95 and an unlocked 6630. I have no problems navigating to 3 Ireland content. I just bookmarked the home page in the folders and it has never failed since. On the n95 I made the right-hand button the web button for instant access (so that I can check my data balance).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

culabula wrote:
    I have used my 3 dataSIM in both a SIM-free N95 and an unlocked 6630. I have no problems navigating to 3 Ireland content. I just bookmarked the home page in the folders and it has never failed since. On the n95 I made the right-hand button the web button for instant access (so that I can check my data balance).

when u say 'data' sim,, u talking about the 10gb modem sim?

The SIM that was originally supplied with my datacard on the 3GB tariff and which I have just had changed to the 10GB tariff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

culabula wrote:
    The SIM that was originally supplied with my datacard on the 3GB tariff and which I have just had changed to the 10GB tariff.

i havent made the plunge yet to get one but is a good price. have you had much problems with it? and is there a way to use it for calls,, i know your not meant to, but i think i seen on boards someone did it??

davton wrote:
    i havent made the plunge yet to get one but is a good price. have you had much problems with it? and is there a way to use it for calls,, i know your not meant to, but i think i seen on boards someone did it??

You cannot use the 10GB for calls, full stop. On the night my tariff changed the ability to make and receive calls was terminated at 00:01 precisely. You may do so on the 3GB tariff but there will be no bundled minutes whatsoever.

Advertisement