Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How are you finding BC?

Options
  • 20-01-2007 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I know most of you are probably playing the Burning Crusade at this stage.. How are you finding it? Problems? Questions? Good things?

I'd like to know :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I'm enjoying feeling like a noob searching around new areas, putting on green items cos they're better than the ones I have, not having a clue of the tactics on new instance bosses :D

As I rogue I'm happy enough. Priests and warriors have been seriously nerfed tho. Pallys can either heal or tank now.

All in all I think they did a good job with this. Although I wish they'd put an AH in Outlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

It's pretty good. Nagrand is the by far the best zone in the game to date. Amazing quests(and rewards), diverse mobs to be beating on, pleasant scenery but not always exactly the same. Just everything about it seems to fit well. For one of the first times with this game I can't find a detail to complain about :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm having severe problems wiht mine. Not sure if it's the server (sunstrider) or my connection, but everytime I play, it gives me a little while to get comfortable and then crashes. (and promply kills me so I'vce to trek back to my body). And I've had a few server lock outs too. Normally I'd give up and uninstall, but I really was enjoying myelf :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Loving it so far... Level 62.5 with my paladin, spoilt for drops and item rewards from quests, the new zones are amazing, just really enjoying it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Great... 64 and a bit after 2 zones worth of quests and some instance runs. First two instances suck but they get better then, with Mana Tombs being particularly fun so far.

Respecced my priest to shadow and enjoying melting faces again... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭rainer

The blood elf girls're absolute pretty! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Hit level 67 just there a moment ago. Holy/Discipline is the way to go for leveling a priest tbh. Plan to hit level 68 tonight, got ahead of the general mass of levelers so its getting easier and more fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

rainer wrote:
    The blood elf girls're absolute pretty! :)

they are HAWT!

outlands is fun, i havent been spending as much time playing as i did from 1-60 so i've only just ding'd lvl 62. had great fun in the first two instances, both of which dropped the two items i wanted in the first 2 runs!

My server has become a raging gank fest as i knew it would, the peace was held for about 2 days until an alliance raid party from a well known guild on my server went about obliterating the poor hordies all over outlands.

for one quest i had to go kill demon miner thingamagiggies, but couldnt find them anywhere! so checked allakazam and sure enough the co'ords were given to me... off i went, and realised i was surrounded by about 20 horde all in this same tunnel as me. so gank gank, graveyard res. turns out the alliance have a different mine they can use. STUPID ALLAKAZAM!

and last nights felhunters poo quest was to say the very least, craptastic.... making me dig through 23 felhunter turds to find a pair of keys? interesting to say the least... it even gave me a "stanky - you smell funny" debuff! :eek:

bombing peons - excellent
    huge public pvp - good
    getting squishied by a felreaver - not so much
    digging through poo for a quest - nasty

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

The new starting area's are fantastic, mounts at lvl 10(limited to the island), interesting quests involing things like going into druid travel form, plus the usual kill x amount of creatures. Couple that with a nearly perfect clockwise motion around the isle with the town centred and you have a very good beginning for the Noobs playing. Plus mass Shamy rushs are fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Funky wrote:
    It's pretty good. Nagrand is the by far the best zone in the game to date. Amazing quests(and rewards), diverse mobs to be beating on, pleasant scenery but not always exactly the same. Just everything about it seems to fit well. For one of the first times with this game I can't find a detail to complain about :P
    Warlocks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭fjon

Binomate wrote:
    Holy/Discipline is the way to go for leveling a priest tbh.

Um, explain?

I am loving it it too so far. Love replacing those purples I worked so hard for with green quest rewards. Nice to get xp again for exploring new areas, and nice to see new places.
    Good quests, lots of them, and good respawn rates (definitely needed!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Your mana lasts you a lot longer as a Holy/Discipline priest, and you're able to heal properly in instances too which is a big part of the whole experience. Most of the priests ahead of the general mass of levelers on my realm have speced holy/discipline.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Meh, I'm pretty sure shadow is better at grinding than holy/disc. Even with spirit tap I don't think you can grind with less downtime. And as for healing, I solo healed most of the Shadow Labs at 68 and a heavy shadow spec. It wasn't true when leveling to 60 that shadow priests couldn't handle healing in 5-mans and it isn't true now either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I'm mostly getting healed by shadowpriests in instances. It's totally fine and they're much happier soloing from what I can tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭fjon

Ok, I'll give you the instances, but I haven't really found it to be that big an issue healing as a shadow priest (yet). Ok, I probably need to take mana breaks a lot more, but if you have a patient group that's no big deal.
    But for soloing there is no doubt that shadow is a lot faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

my fave priest is shadow spe'd at the moment and tearing through the levels. also healing really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

humanji wrote:
    I'm having severe problems wiht mine. Not sure if it's the server (sunstrider) or my connection, but everytime I play, it gives me a little while to get comfortable and then crashes. (and promply kills me so I'vce to trek back to my body). And I've had a few server lock outs too. Normally I'd give up and uninstall, but I really was enjoying myelf :(
    alliance or horde dude im on sunstrider with a mate on alliance and have no probs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

humanji wrote:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2912283&postcount=5

Worth trying that,. its worked for a lot of people in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Dinged 70 on Saturday night/Sunday morning. Great fun and looking forward to levelling my alts now (too many 60's >.< ). Best fun so far has been Old Hillsbrad - a virtual Who's Who of Azeroth glitteratti :p I won't give any details but visit Southshoore Inn, the pier at Southshore and the Barn in Tarren Mill - familiar faces all around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

PeakOutput wrote:
    alliance or horde dude im on sunstrider with a mate on alliance and have no probs

I'm alliance, Draenei.
    Dustaz wrote:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...83&postcount=5

Worth trying that,. its worked for a lot of people in the past.

I'll give it a whirl, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Got my rogue to 64 then went back and rolled a BE Pally. She's now 38. Getting annoyed going through all the old content, its so nice when someone asks me to log my rogue to help in Mana Tombs or The Citadel, but feel under pressure to lvl the Paladin asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 NirdleBug

My BE is almost level 42, got my hawkstrider so now I'm poor again.
    I'm a bit stuck for quests at the moment and it's got me a bit pissed off because I'm trying to get to 60 as soon as I can.
    People say not to rush but I'm dying to get to Outland.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I've just come across one MAJOR problem. I've been main-healing the vast majority of instances that I've been in so far with my lv65 holy/ret paladin (41/0/15). Came to Auchenai Crypts... first boss has a cast-time debuff aura which stacks. Even with the tank tanking him as far away from me as possible but still staying in healing range, I still get the full 4 stacks of the debuff, which makes my Holy Light cast time 10 seconds for a first cast, and 8 seconds after Light's Grace kicks in. No point in casting Flash of Light to heal for 800 with a 6 second cast time. It appears to me that the fight is basically unhealable for us, because we don't have a HoT, and that really bothers me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I've healed that fight. At max range you should be only getting one rank of the debuff at any given time or none. Tank's back should be to the healers and the boss should be facing the healers. If you're getting 4 stacks of the debuff the fight basically is impossible so there's something wrong with your positioning. I think we wiped about four times getting it right.

I found that instance pretty hateful in general even the trash is completely savage. Eventually cleared it after a few hours, a few corpse runs, a few soultones and a few ankhs. And a repair bot lol. Not going back til I'm 70. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭WTF_L2P_n00b

It is the 1st remotely challenging instance in the game, and as such a refreshing change from the crap that came before.

We cleared it at 64 tho we did have a few wipes on the boss you mention, while getting the positioning right and a few wipes on the final boss who spawns some extremely hard hitting clones of the party members.......most amusing is the clones seem to be able to cast spells you haven't even specced...........my mage clone also punched me for 1.3k if only I could hit like that with my fists ^^

Advertisement