Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postal deliveries- from uk - storm sank ship?

Options
  • 20-01-2007 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭

hi all.

just wondering. because of the storms, is there a delay in delivering from goods sent from the uk?

got a parcel sent from uk by parcelforce (CpxxxxxxxxxxxGB) and its definitely anpost who handle that and not gls (i think!)

anyway, it was sent monday and still hasnt shown up on tracking on anpost (usually they can track GB packages that have entered the country)

so i was wondering, did the storms delay packages in the uk?got a few things that took 20 days or more from the uk sometimes or did the boat bringing it in sink by any chance?- i assume its by boat coz its a 3 day service.

thanks for clearing things up!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

just wondering. because of the storms, is there a delay in delivering from goods sent from the uk?

Quite possibly. Dublin port was actually shut for a short period during the week as a result of storms.

I was in Marks&Spencers the previous week and they had printed signs over empty shelves apologising for the lack of stock due to ships being delayed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

did the boat bringing it in sink by any chance?
    With the slightly(!!) high profile of sinking boats at the minute, don't you think it would be all over the news if another one had gone down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

haha. i know. i just put in for a smile. (i know it might be bad humour though-my apologies to people concerned).

still hasnt arrived anyway, thought it would have made headway over the weekend, but still no show. so ill keep that big fat red candle on and wait at the door....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Sarsfield wrote:
    Quite possibly. Dublin port was actually shut for a short period during the week as a result of storms.

I was in Marks&Spencers the previous week and they had printed signs over empty shelves apologising for the lack of stock due to ships being delayed.
    Dublin Port didn't actually close. Alot of the container terminals that use RTGs closed as they can't operate in high winds. I know we stayed open all last week, except for a few hours because a few full containers fell over.

finally arrived yesterday. tracking showed it getting into port laoise monday night and it was delivered at 11 in the morning in dublin. (Wasnt here, but went to pick it up with the docket at 4pm). all's good!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Received a package from the uk the day before yesterday, ie: 23rd, that was post marked as leaving the UK on the 02nd.

21 days from the UK to here.. what the hell are they playing at?

what service was it sent by?there are some royal mail services that take about 20 days. ud think someone swimming from uk to here would make it faster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

nm wrote:
    Received a package from the uk the day before yesterday, ie: 23rd, that was post marked as leaving the UK on the 02nd.

21 days from the UK to here.. what the hell are they playing at?

Some people in the UK still think we are part of Blighty and as such put local postal rate on it - these are delayed on purpose or sent back to sender for additional postage.

Same here - if you send a letter with a 48c instead of 60c stamp to the uk, it will take up to 2 weeks.

Advertisement