Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A question for the BF2 flyboys...

Options
  • 20-01-2007 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking this may apply more to the fastmovers than the chopper pilots, but I guess I'm interested in all responses.

For all you pilots out there who reckon you're the beez neez at this lark, can you just indicate your config please? I'm a keyboard/mouse jockey myself, never made the move to joystick/flightstick but I get these 'episodes' every now and then where the controls just lock up and the jet hits water/ground (as appropriate) even though I'd never moved an inch. Does this happen because I'm using sub-standard controls (e.g. mouse/keyboad vs Joystick)?

Anyhoo - what do yez use?

Which control mechanism do you use for flight in BF2? 21 votes

Keyboard / Mouse
    0%
    Keyboard / Joystick
    71%
    c0y0teCreatureZillahIamMetaldavedentJackaboWillymuncherkirvingAuversLister1irlrobinsdonal_deadlyBuadhachPinarelloSierra Oscar 15 votes
    Flightstick
    9%
    WintersBlack NG-60-90 2 votes
    Other?!?
    19%
    tbaDonalNAnCapaillMorBlazer 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Keyboard / Joystick
    I meant to get a stick for BF2 but then I just got used to using the keyboard/mouse combo. Suits me fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭kirving

Keyboard / Joystick
    I've tried a stick for the chopper, but mouse and k/b are far better IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

If your keyboard is locking up and you have ATITool installed, try uninstalling it, or upgrading to v0.26

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I wouldn't be the best pilot , ( or even near the best , or even allowed onto a server where the best pilots..once played ) , so , for the decidedly average pilot , keyboard and mouse for choppers , flightstick for planes .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

always used kb&m, but want to try out a stick. but i can't justify paying that price considering i don't really enjoy flight sims (maybe that's why though...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Keyboard / Joystick
    Keyboard and mouse for the win! Definately for chopper anyway, gives you far more control. I've found the mouse lacking for jets though.

God, I've gotta play BF2 again at some stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Black NG-60-90

Flightstick
    Keyboard and joystick suits me. I'm not a great pilot but i do enjoy a bit of kamakazi!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Other?!?
    Joystick all the way..you really get into the game I feel when using one..
    That's why I hate 2142..no planes..thanks to all the crybabies who moaned about the uber planes:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

Other?!?
    joystick for me!......

Advertisement