Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advent Children

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I still can't see how some people can't see what utter, utter ****e this film was. There were no redeeming features whatsoever other than it looking rather nice. The story was pathetic, totally illogical. Characters were changed to suit the film, most damning of all Cloud (off wandering for no reason despite after sorting himself out well into FFVII). Even more damning, characters who were clearly dead were brought back in either cliched flashbacks or just plain brought back to life because they were fan favourites. The fight scenes are ridiculous affairs with characters who were previously humans augmented with some magic power by materia now performing superhuman feats. And don't get me started on the character role call at the bahemoth fight.
    I agree with pretty much everything here, except i'd put the soundtrack in as another redeeming feature. That version of One Winged Angel was fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭[QJ]Serideth

I have been an avid FF Fan since I was a kid, and I hate to piss on anyones parade, but the movie blowed.

I mean, if anyone thinks it's a good movie they really need to stop being fanboys and watch some decent movies.

Now, don't get me wrong, it had some good things which have been listed such as the look and sound, and the battle scenes were nice to watch.

But, Final Fantasy has always been about the story, and FFAC failed in that sense.

Square Enix need to get their heads out of their sell out asses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

it was so great that i even made up a song about final fantasy.

here it goes:

final fantasy,
    is the game you cant beat,
    when you no its hard,
    you need a memory card.

i no its great there is no need for the claPS

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

One character is a talking wolf whose weapon was a hair pin...

The fact that he is a talking wolf makes him more human. Retro's point was that having those flying action sequences makes them less human, but your retort was to point out something that makes Red XIII more human.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

The fact that he is a talking wolf makes him more human. Retro's point was that having those flying action sequences makes them less human, but your retort was to point out something that makes Red XIII more human.

I think Retro's point was more about the action in the film being totally out of pace with the action in the game, but I get what you're saying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Stephen!

nickcave wrote:
    Plus Tifa is hott.

+1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I Thought it was a cool movie,really enjoyed it :) the end fight between sephiroth and cloud was cool :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

I found it entertaining as Eye Candy but kinda out of touch with original.

Last Order is a bit more entertaining as its less of an exaggeration on the abilities and is an add on to the original story as opposed to a story derived from bastardizing some of the events in the original.

AC's storyline is kinda like what happened when they made Young Guns 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Stephen!

And Tifa is hot...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

I completely agree with retr0. AC is an awful, awful film that is a prime example of the money making franchise Square has become that will exploit and destroy it's flagship game series in order to make the money. Just look at recent games like FFX-2 and Dirge of Cerberus as proof

• Advertisement
Advertisement