Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sepier display on xbox360

• 20-01-2007 6:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just bought a new game, powered the xbox 360 up and the display was all in a sepier (brown tones). Is this a known 360 problem ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

What game is it? Are all your cables in fully?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

The game is dead rising ... but its not the game as the dash boots up in sepier. Checked the cables are in full as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

what diplay are you using? try on another screen / tv?

26" LG LCD and its the only screen in the house, so gonna have to drag the xbox to someone elses house :(

I Rang xbox 360 support and the guy on the phone had never heard of this issue..... Kinda points to the TV , just have to wait until 12 to ring Power Cty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Smoggy wrote:
    26" LG LCD and its the only screen in the house, so gonna have to drag the xbox to someone elses house :(

I Rang xbox 360 support and the guy on the phone had never heard of this issue..... Kinda points to the TV , just have to wait until 12 to ring Power Cty.

No need to ring them. Just bring the tv back with a receipt, and the'll do a straight swap if it's faulty.

• Advertisement

Thats the problem. I dont know where the fault lies :(
    Could be the xbox. But really do think its the TV.
    Strange all ports work well (scart 1/2 hdmi etc), but the component one has gone crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

the yellow cable is for composite video.are you using the right cables for component connection?I think you mean sepia as in dark colors on display.Its easy to get confused when you get a brand new hd tv,if you never had one before.Does it work ok ,thru scart ,av1 rgb connection.Component has 5 cables,2 for sound,3 for video.yr,br etc.

Update : the TV has gone back. No XBOX for a week. The TV setup hasn't changed and since I last used the xbox, so I don't think it will be that. Either way I checked the cables and it was the red green blue into the red green blue (component).

What had changed was I used a toslink cable in the xbox plug. can't see how that could change anything. But tried with it out and it was still bust.

Sepia as in black and white looking, but in shades of brown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Sounds like an NTSC disk to me or TV/Xbox running on NTSC mode/output.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

No NTSC/Pal issues with HD signals.

• Advertisement

plus it's in s**ty brown tones on the dash when no game disc is in and the settings haven't changed.

edit : Got a loan of a standard def tv and plugged the xbox up. Switched over to the non high def switch, plugged the scart int the back of the TV and everything was perfect.

Says to me my TV is borked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

I had the same issue before christmas, it happened after I had changed the cable in the back of my lcd. I had plugged out my 360 vga cable and put my pc's cable in. When I switched back it turned the same, a crappy sepia colour on my dashboard, games etc.

After trying a number of things I changed my cable and it worked (I was lucky, I had a second VGA cable), btw the original component cable worked too.

Thats what happens when you use third party cables I suppose.

Glad to hear you got somewhere with yours

Oh well. Powercity have it in for repair.
    Gonna be away for a week and come back the exact same !
    Gonna have to call xbox again and say the original cable seems to have died.

sooooo much hassle.

All I wanna do is play dead rising , by the time I gte it sort there will be a dead rising :D

The TV is back and it shows nothing now...... :( Back to Sq One.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭dave oc

Did you flick the switch back to HD from SD?

Didn't sitch from SD to HD initially. And strangly enough it did show a messed up image (horiz and vertical scroll all over the show - image wasn't really recognisable as the dash). But as soon as I flicked back to HD I just got a black screen.

So I have no idea where I stand now.

TV or XBOX - ur guess is as good as mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Does it work ok in SD?

Can you get another cable? Maybe someone on here will lend you one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

it could be a combination of 3 things

1. TV component input borked: to test this you will need another input component signal of the same quality as you had the 360 set to.

2.360 is fcuked: It may be able to output in SD but that is no gurantee that the HD output is ok. Unfortunately to check if its your 360 you'll need another decent TV and a different component cable.

3.component cable is fecked: could be the cable is messed up. Will have to borrow another cable. Could you just buy another cable and return it if its the results are the same as the current cable.

It could be 1 or all 3 of the above, eliminate them one by one and you'll have your answer

It shows on SD but the horiz and vert are all over the place, making the picture unviewable. HD shows nothing. Scart on another TV works. Scart on my HDTV can't be access at the moment, as the scart on the xbox is to long to fit in the back of the socket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

Smoggy, have you tried resetting the display settings to default as described here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/911059

Mightn't help, but might be worth a try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I had the same trouble b4 xmas and it was my cable, had to buy a new one, mine was out of warranty (all that bringin my 360 to me my friends houses!). . .

a new cable is heading on it's way to me.... after my warrenty expired by 7 days.

blaggers guide to those who's warranty has expired and have returned a console previous. When they tell you that your 12 months is out : Quote the console manufacturers date which is still in warranty and tell them how can my warranty be expired as the console wasn't even manufacturer before that date.

They get very confused and go off to speak to someone (I presume the manager) - they are equally as confused and give you want you want under warranty.

Advertisement