Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

o2 network saturday 20th jan

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 O2Feedback

Hi Miss Fluff

There are issues with the 3G network at the moment across the board.

Can you try choosing the below settings to switch you back to a GSM network
    * Main Menu
    * Settings
    * Phone Settings
    * Network Mode
    * Select GSM or 3G(UMTS) or Dual Mode

Best Regards
    Emer

Sully04

Your point about the password characters hadn't been requested before.

At this point I cant confirm if it'll will change but we're going to investigate if it can be changed to allow symbols.

On the front page query, this is work in progress, and I don't have a definite time on this - it will change back in time though.

Best Rdgs
    Emer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

O2Feedback wrote:
    Hi Miss Fluff

There are issues with the 3G network at the moment across the board.

Can you try choosing the below settings to switch you back to a GSM network
    * Main Menu
    * Settings
    * Phone Settings
    * Network Mode
    * Select GSM or 3G(UMTS) or Dual Mode

Best Regards
    Emer

Thanks a million Emer, had been going into Connectivity like a spanner. :rolleyes:

Glad to hear you're up and running again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭lfc1892

Further to Emers post on the Nokia 6233 and how to change the network mode...

Sony Ericsson K800i:

Menu
    Settings
    Connectivity
    Mobile Networks
    3g/GSM and select GSM

Nokia N (series)

Menu
    Tools
    Settings
    Network
    Network Mode

On XDA Exec
    Start
    Settings
    Phone
    Band
    Change from Auto to GSM

Motorola V3x
    Menu
    Settings
    Network
    Network Setup
    Band 900/1800 for GSM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Hello Emer, I know this isn't directly related to network coverage, however I was wondering if there is any news on the progress of your 3G build out, and the launch of an "O2 Broadband" type product, which I saw O2 talking about last summer.

I'm also very interested in a "home zone" type service. Is that still coming to Ireland? If this information is sensitive, I obviously don't expect an answer. However, if you can say anything about it, I would be very interested. I also know some of my neighbours would be interested in switching from an Eircom landline to a "home zone" type service.

Hi Urban Weigl

Thanks for your interest in the products.

Unfortunately I cannot give you any detail on this, however please keep an eye on the various media outlets - we'll let you know about any releases that way

Or if you'd like to send me on your email address I can sign you up to alerts on new products and services we offer

Best Rgds
    Emer

Advertisement