Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Napalm Death "Scum"

Options
  • 20-01-2007 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭

I finally got around to buying this again (well buying it for the first time, I had an old, old tape recording of it) and I'd forgotten how ferociously angry it is. Great stuff! \m/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

yeah great album, i got it in the sale on play.com a few weeks abgo and its grindcore at its best. ****in love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

mick harris does some great stuff under the name "scorn" too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I keep meaning to check out Scorn. I've paid far more attention to Justin Broadrick's work after he left Napalm Death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Earache was a super label.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

"Was" being the operative word there. It's not half as good as it used to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I love the new search engine :pac:

http://www.napalmdeath.org/
    SCUM, the classic 1987 debut album from grindcore pioneers NAPALM DEATH, is due to be re-released on limited edition redux CD and coloured vinyl LP on March 5th.

To celebrate 25 years since the release of the most influential grindcore album ever made, SCUM has been remastered especially for this release from the original tapes with C (FDR), allowing the music's nuances to shine through and giving the whole album a more ferocious and dynamic sound than ever before, and enabling the listener to immerse in the full audio chaos like never before.
    Ah sure why not :D Should be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

And a full stream of the new ND album "Utilitarian" here:

http://soundcloud.com/centurymediarecords/sets/napalm-death-utilitarian/s-EjBLZ

Scum was a groundbreaking (almost literally) release. Thinking of getting that new remastered version too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Never mind Sineads o conner who can forget hang the pope? I remember them playing here years ago and the bass player and guitarist swooped instruments for that ditty . They were great, and probably still are!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I've just discovered this band and I think they're great because their music is completely ridiculous. Excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I have that album on cassette tape...or however you call them.

'You suffer', maybe the best song, they ever made, seriously :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

Back in '89 this album changed a 12 year old me musical tastes for the better...or worse depending who you talk too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭montec

Was "Hang the Pope" not Nuclear Assault?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Thought this thread would feature the notorious Kilburn International performance from the BBC Arena archives. not this time... might check out the digital remaster I know tons of metal from the eighties could do with such treatment, long as it makes a noticeably worthwhile difference but tbh not too many remasters do

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

montec wrote: »
    Was "Hang the Pope" not Nuclear Assault?

Yes it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

ah yes i am so wrong, brainaddled in old age and so wrong.:(

I blame exactly this type of music :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Great album alright I think I'll pick up the remaster. Also the John Peel Grindcore album is fantastic. Gods of grind or something.

Advertisement