Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What a Scam

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

koneko wrote:
    If you want to play any online game, you'll have to live with big patches, that's the way it is. Actually if you want to play games online, you'll sometimes have to live with big patches, like someone mentioned the BF games can have big updates too.

Fixed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just after installing it now (the full version) and there's 700 megs of updates at the moment. Glad I waited until I installed Vista. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

ZorbaTehZ wrote:
    300ms / 600ms is still ****.
    IMO your a ****ing idiot to play an MMO on anything less than broadband.

no im not
    some of my friends on dial up have it and they find it grand

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

And tell me... how do your friends who play on dial up and get on grand, find patch days?

Just to hazard a guess, but do they visit a cyber-cafe and pay €3 to download the patches and burn them to CD?
    Or do they have a generous friend do it for them from the comfort of their own home?
    I guess a more important question is... do they think its a scam?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Sorry if I caused any offense with my last post.

(on topic) I've played WOW on 56k (back when it was released) and all I can remember is I disliked it. Immensely. My server is bad enough on BB, 56k would be a joke.
    You say you have friends who find it "grand" on 56k. Hmm , I find that *very* hard to believe.
    Ditto what Ivan said, patch days must be insane for your friends especially if they have to go through downloading the patch on a dial-up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

My point was not that his friends must find it insane on patch days.
    My point was that the original post was about how the OP thought it was as scam to have to download the patches on 56k. He was then told how can he even play on 56k, to which he defended his position by saying alot of his friends play "grand" on 56k. I was merely pointing the irony of how his friends play "grand" on 56k when he thinks it a scam that he should be expected to download patches on 56k. Something his friends who find it "grand" must do on a regular basis...

Advertisement