Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(BF2) Connection to Account Server Refused

Options
  • 20-01-2007 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭

Had BF2 installed for months, got broadband 2 weeks ago, it was working fine.
    Created another WinXP account for my brother so he could play it.
    I think when I installed BF2 inititally, I had it set to only allow my WinXP account to play.
    My brother couldn't play from his WinXP account, I didn't see the error message, dunno if the game GUI started, he said it was something about the CDKey.
    You gotta love that kind of detailed description.

Anyways, when I tried to login this evening (first time since last week), it wouldn't connect.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, set it to allow all users access, patched to 1.41 and tried again.
    I deleted my profile and tried to retrieve it again, didn't work "Connection to Account Server Refused".
    I stopped any downloads that were running on our network and tried logging in with my brother's BF2 account and retrieveing my account again.

Has my CDKey been gheyed/blacklisted?
    Are EA's BF2 account servers down?
    Will this encourage me to purchase BF2142?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Thats a strange one. I'd have thought installing BF2 again would have resolved the issue. I was going to say that you could delete your profiles but I see youve already done that.

I'll hunt around tomorrow to see if I can find an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Thanks man, I'm just hoping it's a timeout/bandwidth thing.

Tried logging in there magaijn, failed.
    Tried creating a new account, "Server refused connection".

Where did these monkeys learn about error messages?

Is there a BF2 log somewhere I can check to see if my CDKey has been arsed?

I've logged a support request with EA.

This sucks balls.

PeerGuardian.

Let the Divine Slapping of Foreheads in Unison commence.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

"Connection to Account Server Refused" is always a firewall/anti-virus/spyware/local config problem unless the servers are actually down and everyone gets the same message.

I suspected something CD-Key-related.

Saying that the connection is [actively] being refused by the server doesn't immediately point to a port/connection issue.
    "Can't connect to account server" would be a logical message.

That said, I don't know what result PG would've been giving BF2 when the latter attempted a connection to an EA host.

Advertisement