Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hungry hound....

Options
  • 21-01-2007 1:06am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

33876.jpg

I have a shetland/rough collie (pic above) and the thing is her appetite is never satisfied no matter how i much i feed her. My neighbour has a beautiful black labrador who is well, overweight, yet, he will refuse food when he has enough.....

My dog remains thin (well a healthy weight i think), but looks fat with her coat at the moment....in summer when i groom her really well she looks skinny... I have her wormed so whats going on.... i don't want to over-feed or under-feed her....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I would bring her to a vet for a check up. I can't think of anything it could be apart from the worms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Goffie

Well my dog was put on a diet after he had his op cos he ballooned but he's always been a greedy little fella and doesn't know the meaning of the word 'full'
    I have to watch his diet and exercise and no matter how much he gets he'll always look for more. The vet said some dogs are just like that..scavengers and think better eat now cos you never know where your next meal is coming from!!!
    I wouldn't worry if I were you, so long as he's healthy and not overweight, he's fine. My fella looks like a round puffball at the moment with his winter coat, but when you give him a bath he's a skinny little rat!

Get him a check-up if you want to be reassured, but otherwise just accept you have, like me, a permanently hungry hound!
    G

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

I think you're right goffie as she doesn't have any health issues and is bright and full of life....

I was just wondering if it is common in dogs "The Hungry Hound" syndrome....:D :D:D

Advertisement