Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Certificate 2009 English Poetry Courses

Options
  • 21-01-2007 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭

Bishop
    Keats
    Larkin
    Longley
    Mahon
    Montague
    Rich
    Walcott

Any comments?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

2007 course only has two of those poets - Bishop and Montague. I really liked Montague. His poetry's really interesting and he's easy to write an essay on because his pesonal life is very much interlinked with his poetry. My favourite poem is All Legendary Obstacles. I liked The Locket aswell, but wasn't too gone on Dolmens.
    I hated Bishop, with the exeption of Sestina and, to an extent, The Waiting Room. I found her other poems, The Filling Station for example, a little boring and I didn't think she was easy to write upon.
    Just my opinion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 ryanj

Longley and Bishop are the only two that have come up regularly in the Leaving Cert in the past few years; Interesting that in 2010 they have Boland, Eliot, Kavanagh, Keats, Longley, Rich, Walcott and Yeats - Rich and Walcott are the two newbies there while the other six are old reliables; it seems as though 2009 is just a random year, unless 2011 follows suit...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I like Bishop, I studied some of her stuff for JC and found it interesting and easy to write on. I'm a little dissappointed that Hardy isn't up there though.

Does anyone know when the texts will be announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

For 2009? Not until next year, 2008's aren't long out.

My English teacher said that they're putting more and more modern poets on the course, who tend to suck and are hard to write on, so that it's getting harder and harder.

2007's is grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Brods

BISHOP! w00t, saved around 80% of people in my year last year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 xXannaXx

any ideas which one will come up for 2009???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

FAIL

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭XboxHero

English teachers in my school are heavily hinting that a Walcott question will come up.. But Meh, I want Bishop:P Montague is so boring and Rich is only OK. That's all we've done so far :eek:

Advertisement