Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beware! SMALL.DAM Trojan

• 21-01-2007 2:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭

Newbie Trojan on the loose.

Here's what to watch out for
    http://www.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I'll read that in a sec, just have an email coming in. It says video.exe, better download and run it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭segasega

I run all .exe files from people I don't know! Its great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

segasega wrote:
    I run all .exe files from people I don't know! Its great!

Sarcasm, sarcasm, sarcasm.

Didn't Mummy ever tell you that "Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit?"

Remember! "Not all users would be as streetwise as you two Muppet's" :p

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Newbie Boards.ie member on the loose.

There's no point in posting about a new trojan/virus/exploit on this forum. If everyone did that, the forum would be swamped, and there would be little room for discussion of proper topics.

Go post it over on the security forum and see how you get on. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

tom dunne wrote:
    Go post it over on the security forum and see how you get on. :)
    bring an asbestos suit if you do,
    if you use windows there are wellover 100,000 viruses and trojans not to mention a similar number of malware apps that antivirus scanners ignore.

This is more than 100 times as many as affect the up to date versions of almost all the other major OS's combined = Unix (inc. Linux ) / BSD (inc OS X) / Old versions of MAC OS / BeOS / Solaris / Novell / Mainframe OS's (VMS)

Microsoft Vista may be the first microsoft OS that doesn't allow the main local user full control of everything, but whether the auto-play / auto-open / auto-run / auto-infect mechanisms are any better :rolleyes:

Older versions of outlook express used to open and run .emf files without waiting for user intervention and fully patched IE was unsafe to use on the internet for 248 days last year = if you have windows you have to bloody careful and third party security tools aren't an option ( and the commercial ones aren't that much better than the non-commercial ones either ! )

• Advertisement

bring an asbestos suit if you do,

Oh! point taken people.

But I'm damned if I can find a reasonably priced asbestos suit anywhere on eBay.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Oh! point taken people.

But I'm damned if I can find a reasonably priced asbestos suit anywhere on eBay.
    Yeah they do seem a bit pricey these days

$250bn asbestos suit

And it's lawyers who are buying all this stuff - http://www.lanierlawfirm.com/law_firm_news/ebay_evidence.htm

Yeah they do seem a bit pricey these days

$250bn asbestos suit

And it's lawyers who are buying all this stuff - http://www.lanierlawfirm.com/law_firm_news/ebay_evidence.htm

10 out of 10 Capt'n Midnight :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 larrylarry4life

please does any one know where i can see this virus small.dam and others. i am student working on networking and security

please does any one know where i can see this virus small.dam and others. i am student working on networking and security

On teh Interweb, where else?

• Advertisement

it's self authenticating knowledge

if you are capable of learning from it, they you are probably capable of finding it yourself

and if you can't find out about it yourself the words "kiddie" and "script" come to mind.

it's self authenticating knowledge

if you are capable of learning from it, they you are probably capable of finding it yourself

and if you can't find out about it yourself the words "kiddie" and "script" come to mind.

Brilliant! :D

Advertisement