Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Explicit content* The programmer

Options
  • 21-01-2007 2:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭

Post edited at poster's request - Hagar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

I didn't. But then i wikied it. And then it still wasn't funny.

In software engineering, a project fork happens when developers take a copy of source code from one software package and start independent development on it, creating a distinct piece of software. Free or open source software is inherently prone to forking.

A fork that is standard practice in many projects are stable or release versions which are modified only for bug fixes, while a development tree develops new features. This is common practice in the Linux kernel, for instance, but has been misrepresented occasionally in the trade press as the more problematic sort of fork described above.[1] Such forks are often referred to instead as "branches" both to avoid the negative connotations of a fork and because it is closer in intent and function to the common software engineering meaning of branching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

JHC. Please use the "Rate Thread" function.
    That's a bit much for a Sunday morning and it's against Charter too BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Not funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

I was drunk when I posted this. Sorry :( Please remove. Won't happen again good sirs.

It refers to fork() anyway as in child processes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

That makes you the first person in the history of the Universe to post on these Boards while drunk. Very serious offence indeed.:D

I'll edit the post, but I will be expecting a funny posted sometime soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement