Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate inducing nightmares?

Options
  • 21-01-2007 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭

I am normally a person not given to having nightmares.

I could merrily wolf down a pizza with extra cheese, wash it down with a pint-glass of Diet-Coke and sleep like a baby.

However, for the last couple of weeks I've been eating small amounts of chocolate before retiring and I have to say I've been having the most intense mind-twisting nightmares.

Has anyone else experienced this with chocolate?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Not nightmares as such but when I stopped eating chocolate(damn diet!) I started dreaming about it...alot! It was weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

I'm partial to the odd bit of chocolate but I've never noticed it affecting my dreams.

There's some research about chocolate aggravating a specific sleep disorder

http://www.emedical.com.au/default.asp?pageID=2&newsArticleID=507

Are you 'thrashing about' at all in your sleep? :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

You know what they say about chocolate? Well, I have had similar dreams when drifting off after having eaten some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

You know what they say about chocolate?

Two seconds on the lips, a lifetime on the hips???

Advertisement