Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help with wireless router

• 21-01-2007 11:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭

Hey guys, first time on this forum so sorry if I'm in the wrong place.
    My brother recently bought our family a wireless router, but I can't seem to get it up and running
    I can connect using wires to our old BT modem perfectly the problem is when I try to use the new router.
    The new one is a Linksys Wireless-G, model no: WRT54GS-UK, the weird thing is that when I plug that in my laptop picks up a wireless signal but can connect to the net, it says the connection is excellent. It just seems like the net connection doesn't make it past the modem which is a Voyager 210 ADSL Router.

Any feedback would be appreciated, let me know if there's any other details I need to give. Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Put the modem into bridge mode. (Read manual on how to do this) Read the stickied FAQ for more info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭stanley1

Also disable dhcp on modem, let router look after firewall etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

putting the modem into bridge mode, switches off both ^. It basically just acts as a pass thru device, letting the linksys handle the connection settings, dhcp, firewall etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭paudie

I can't seem to find it on the CD manual. Any idea what i should be looking for roughly? Or even what settings I should change? Thanks again.

use web configuration method. http// 192.168.1.1

• Advertisement

Yeah I was looking at those settings but didn't see any mention of a bridge option, or am I just blind, I did however see an option to disable the DHCP on the modem? Any good to me?

I couldn't find anything on that site Stanley, just the same stuff thats in the manual.

Advertisement