Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIle Sharing with Morpheus

Options
  • 21-01-2007 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

Hi all, just a quick question i had vodafone 3G broadband and have since switched to clear wire, i was able to do quite a lot of downloading via morpheus and it was always pretty good.

With clearwire the connection to morpheus keeps dropping and im getting no downloading done, any one any idea what the problem is or do clearwire prevent p2p?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

How's your other internet performance like? The reason I'm asking is because Wireless is notorious for packet loss which would explain your connection dropping on a regular basis. Although I would have thought that your 3G "Broadband" would have been susceptable to the same problems.

You could try changing to a different p2p application and see if you're having the same problems

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

Its patchy and not as quick as vodafone, tried using lime wire and its the same thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I'm no Clearwire customer heck I have to resort to Satellite one-way but I vaguely remember that Clearwire were blocking P2P or "throttling" as it was called I think. I can use Limewire perfectly with my one-way satellite and dial-up combo so anyone on wireless should surely be able to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭mrbig

I have the same problem with Zone broadband a wireless satalite combo.
    I used to be able to use limewire but now I cant,I would rule out packet loss as the likley cause.
    I think my ports have been blocked by my iSP although they deny this (they would of course deny this as they have know right to do it)
    I don't mind having a limit on the download but I cant use any P2P now.
    I also have the vodafone 3G same problem, although the limit is too low for P2P anyway. I thought this link might be usefull let us know hou you get on.

If anyone has any suggestions for me i would of course be grateful also.

http://www.canyouseeme.org

Advertisement