Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Only have cassette player in car radio

Options
  • 21-01-2007 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭

Isnt there a thing that you can connect to the cassette player in your car that allows you to play cds????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Yeah, either get a cassette adaptor or get an fm transmitter.

Cassette Adaptor

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Fazer6

This is a transmitter:

http://svp.co.uk/products-solo.php?pid=1898

Fazer6

• Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Get a new car stereo...
    They're not terribly expensive (e-Bay is your friend) and are simple to install...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Get a new car stereo...
    They're not terribly expensive (e-Bay is your friend) and are simple to install...

Are they really that easy to install? I know at least 2 fela's that tryed this and made a balls of it. The stereo wouldn't even fit and would be moving around. Doubt it would pass the NCT like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Once you have everything you need they're easy to install. Sounds like the guy didn't have a facia adaptor for his car, which is an essential. Other than that, it's impossible to put the connectors in the wrong place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Make sure you also have an appropriate wiring harness to fit the stereo you want to the car model you need...

E.g. I have a Ford Focus, and bought a Sony Car Stereo, so I also purchased a wiring harness which basically connects the car wires to the car stereo...

Halfords sell wiring harnesses and can advise you of the correct one to use.. If you buy a car stereo from them, you can even get them to fit it.. Sometimes you may need a stereo removal tool, but usually a coat-hangers will do the job just fine.. A bit of web research (googling) and you'll be fine..

Advertisement