Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about this PSU

Options
  • 21-01-2007 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

as im going to be building my new pc shortly i am looking to get a psu..i had my eyes set on this bundle on komplett..

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=325862

but now i think i want to get this one instead..

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=323082

as i always wanted this case..and seen as there giving the 600w with it i really want to get this..now when i tought i was getting the 500w i read up that it had something like 33-38 amps on the 12v rail which i think would have been ok with the pc it would have powered every thing up..but now i looked for a review on the 600w one which is here..

http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews/Xion%20PowerReal%20600W/index.htm

and it states that the 12v rail only has 22 amps..but there is another 12v rail called 12v2..does this mean that overall there are 44 amps on the 12v rail??

i will be getting an average gaming pc..8800gts,6600c2d,2gb of 6400 ram,etc etc

thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

get a good psu in my and just get the case separate .get a seasong s12 or m12 600w there the bussiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

from looknig around the xion's are supposed to be good psu's..but since they are not long out..no one knows about them and consider them a cheap unreliable brand..there quiet,do there job like there supposed to and reliable...all in all a good psu that burn a hole in ur pocket..which is why i would like to get one of these..if not the 600w version then the 500w version that states it has 33-38 amps on the 12v rail..the seasonics you stated are over 150 euro..i dont think i would be looking for special offer kits if i had that type of money to burn :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

IgsTer wrote:
    from looknig around the xion's are supposed to be good psu's..but since they are not long out..no one knows about them and consider them a cheap unreliable brand..there quiet,do there job like there supposed to and reliable...all in all a good psu that burn a hole in ur pocket..which is why i would like to get one of these..if not the 600w version then the 500w version that states it has 33-38 amps on the 12v rail..the seasonics you stated are over 150 euro..i dont think i would be looking for special offer kits if i had that type of money to burn :o

If you are on a tight budget have a look at an antec sonata II (110 euro on dabs.ie)
    http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=3SPW&CategorySelectedId=11145&PageMode=1&NavigationKey=11145,50882

Great quality case that keeps things nice and quiet with shiny piano black finish and a good quality antec 450W PSU which is very quiet.

Not the most shamtastic case and PSU but an absolute bargain for the total quality you get at just above 100 notes.

well im buying everything off komplett no matter what..so id say dabs would be out of the question..and i really want that lexa case.. :(

can anybody tell me if those two +12v rails add up together to make the total ampage on the 12v rail thus being 44 amps?..im not looking for another case or psu..just what the total ampage is on that psu's 12v rail..

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Sometimes on PSU's there are two 12v rails, so one of the rails gives power to the HD/CDROMS etc and the other is for the Motherboard power (and components powered from Mobo). So if you combine the 2 12v Rails you get the total 12v output for the PSU.........

So with the 600w one, the 12v output would indeed be 44amps. Hope this helps.

• Advertisement

Thanks alot Col_Loki just what i was hoping and looking for.. :D

Advertisement