Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

insurance companies

Options
  • 21-01-2007 3:45pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

i am not sure if this is the right forum but my flat roof got storm damaged on thursday night and i now have about 5 inches of water on my bathroom floor. the insurance company is going to cover the water damage and my question is - i have idea how much damage has been done is there an assessor or something who will come out to me and tell me how much i should be putting my claim in for - i am assume new ceiling, plaster, tiling etc.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

The insurance company will send out an assessor to determine how much you get paid. I've yet to hear of a pay-out that didn't cover the repairs. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

You could get an independent assesor to submit the claim on your behalf
    they take a cut but do a lot of the donkey work

Advertisement